In today’s thoughts let’s look at three components when applied together in one’s life which will bring about True Happiness. Happiness that penetrates the mind, spirit, soul and body. This happiness comes from a personal saving knowledge of Christ Jesus. Yes, Christ in us, a happiness we all need, and an assurance of eternal life.
These components which make up a happy life are:
- purpose (or direction), peace (peace of mind) and a love and compassion flowing in and through our own lives.
1. There must be a true purpose and direction in one’s life; a right kind of purpose with Christ as the based or foundation of one’s life. There must be a trust in something beyond this life the, Eternity. A purpose with identity. Identified with Christ. Christ understood His purpose on earth, proclaiming,
- “These claims are valid even though I make them about myself. For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don’t know this about me. (John 8:14).
- Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6).
These scriptures though bold and simple show us it is through faith in Christ that we can once again be reconciled to the eternal God.
Yes, through Christ we know where we came from, where we are going, and why we are living on earth. If we have true faith in Christ, “we are God’s children”
- …“For his Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God’s children.” Romans 8:16.
There is a conduit of unlimited power available to all born again children of God…as stated in
- Romans 8:31 “What can we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?”
Yes, there will be challenges along life’s pathway but there are unlimited resources at its disposal.
2. Along with a purpose in life you also need peace of mind. We live in an environment that places limitations in and around our lives. We are limited by our senses, of time, of space, and of an unpredictable future. For we know not what tomorrow will bring.
The bondage of guilt straps the believer from receiving what God’s divine plan is for one’s life. We all have made wrong decisions; all have sinned. This guilt will sap our strength mentally, physically and spiritually.
3. True happiness will only happen when one is set free from guilt…a peace of mind from wrong decisions, mistakes and the guilt of sin. True happiness only comes with the saving knowledge of Christ, the hope of glory.
What this means is we have a full assurance, a confident expectation of good things to come. It all comes down to Christ in us. Christ in us is the hope of our future glory.
For the born again believer, we can expect and anticipate a future because of Christ. A future of good, of joy and of peace of mind.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,