In today’s thought we will be covering many scriptures on the topic of SIN?
SIN is disobedience of God’s law. SIN is any act that violates or transgresses the religious or moral law of God or the way of righteousness; rebellion of God’s laws; perversion of the heart. Jesus went to the cross that we may be FREE from sin.
The Word of God when placed into our hearts, into our lives, will sustain us to live a Holy and pure life. May we be blessed and allow these scriptures to take root into our hearts.
- 1 John 3:4 Those who sin are opposed to the law of God, for all sin opposes the law of God.
- 1 John 5:17 Every wrong is sin… The Source of SIN comes from Satan…
SIN is found in the human heart.
- Matthew 15:19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all other sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. LUST is another source of SIN.
- James 1:15 These evil desires lead to evil actions, and evil actions lead to death. SIN is a “power” that came into the world.
- Romans 5:12 When Adam sinned, sin entered the entire human race. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. SIN rules the world.
- Romans 5:21 So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God’s wonderful kindness rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Romans 6:14 Sin is no longer your master, for you are no longer subject to the law, which enslaves you to sin. Instead, you are free by God’s grace. SIN enslaves the human race.
- Romans. 6:17 Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you have obeyed with all your heart the new teaching God has given you.
- Romans. 6:20 In those days, when you were slaves of sin, you weren’t concerned with doing what was right. SIN deceives and destroys which can be overcome ONLY by sacrifice.
- Hebrews 3:13 You must warn each other every day, as long as it is called “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.
- Hebrews 5:1 Now a high priest is a man chosen to represent other human beings in their dealings with God. He presents their gifts to God and offers their sacrifices for sins.
- Hebrews 9:23 That is why the earthly tent and everything in it—which were copies of things in heaven—had to be purified by the blood of animals. But the real things in heaven had to be purified with far better sacrifices than the blood of animals. SIN is taken away and people forgiven. Through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ…having a relationship with Christ…
- Hebrews. 2:17 Therefore, it was necessary for Jesus to be in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. He then could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people.
- Hebrews 9:28 so also Christ died only once as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again but not to deal with our sins again. This time he will bring salvation to all those who are eagerly waiting for him. This relationship with Christ purges and cleanses us of our SIN.
- Hebrews 1:3 The Son reflects God’s own glory, and everything about him represents God exactly. He sustains the universe by the mighty power of his command. After he died to cleanse us from the stain of sin, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God of heaven.YES, we are washed clean from our SIN when we keep in relationship (fellowship) with Christ.
- Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the commander of all the rulers of the world. All praise to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us. What breaks our relationship or fellowship with Christ?
As always, love in Christ Jesus,