Today’s thoughts will bring us to the conclusion on the subject in which the Bible speaks of as sin. Sin is everywhere in today’s world with technology being used to infiltrate our mind and hearts.
In today’s world it is of most important to be determined not to allow things of this world to distract you. Keeping your relationship with God will take setting your mind and thoughts on Godly ways. Thinking on things that are of good report and staying away from the things that are not. We in ourselves make that decision daily, whom we will serve.
Technology in itself is not evil but it is what we allow in our mind and hearts. It is what we allow through these devises that will corrupt us. Our smart phones, smart T.V., and internet acceptance in our everyday living has become the norm and can become a ruling factor in our everyday lives.
The problem now arises with the acceptance of explicit material all over TV, the internet, ads, and movies.
Pornography is SIN: Pornography is the presentation of sexual explicit behavior, as in a photograph (a picture, movie, or book) intended to arouse sexual excitement. Sexual excitement was created for ONLY within the marriage…the union of a man and woman.
God gave a commandment NOT to look upon another person nakedness. ALL forms of nakedness (such as: a picture, movie, in a book, or on the internet) are all forbidden and will keep you from fellowship with Christ.
God has ONLY ordained the uncovering of one’s body in the presence of one’s husband or wife. The blessings and favor of God will only come into one’s life through obedience to God’s Word.
Listed below are several scriptures in regards to this topic.
- 1 John 2:15-16 Stop loving this evil world and all that it offers you, for when you love the world, you show that you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only the lust for physical pleasure, the lust for everything we see, and pride in our possessions. These are not from the Father. They are from this evil world.
- Psalm 101:3 I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all crooked dealings; I will have nothing to do with them.
- Philippians 4:8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
- Proverbs 15:26 The LORD despises the thoughts of the wicked, but he delights in pure words.
- Isaiah 55:7 Let the people turn from their wicked deeds. Let them banish from their minds the very thought of doing wrong! Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
- Proverbs 28:13 People who cover over their sins will not prosper. But if they confess and forsake them, they will receive mercy.
- 2 Corinthians 6:2 For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.”
- Indeed, God is ready to help you right now. Today is the day of salvation.
- Proverbs 29:1 Whoever stubbornly refuses to accept criticism will suddenly be broken beyond repair.
- 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 We use God’s mighty weapons, not mere worldly weapons, to knock down the Devil’s strongholds. With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God. With these weapons we conquer their rebellious ideas, and we teach them to obey Christ.
May God Bless You as you strive to live a life WITHOUT SIN. Let’s never forget the scripture in; Philippians 4:13 that states, “I can do all things through CHRIST who strengths me.”
As always, love in Christ Jesus,