Let me state this morning, when Christ comes into your life He changes your thinking and places a new desire within you but we as believers must consecrate ourself unto Him.
Remember, Salvation is a gift from God and it is received freely. It is received by faith accepting Jesus as your Savior, believing that His blood was shed for your sins. You do not have to clean up your life to come to him. Come as you are. There is nothing we can do to receive this gift except to open our heart, repent and turn from our sin. We receive a new heart and new desire to follow Him. After Christ comes in, you will have a desire to serve or you might say a desire to follow His ways.
As a Spirit-filled believer we must follow in obedience and under the authority of Christ and under the direction, leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
This and more, is available to every believer who takes his or her place in authority under Christ and with Christ. This authority will come when we stand firm in Christ and the Word of God.
The question that must be asked is, How do we as believers receive this power?
This authority is given to those believers that are Spirit-filled, those that ask, seek and knock. This authority is given to those that believe, by faith and desire their inherited rights as a born again believer, to be Spirit filled, emptied of self and filled with the very presence of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
We are Heirs of the Righteousness of God and joint-heirs with Christ. When we listen and obey God’s voice, faith will abound and the will of God will prevail.
- Hebrews 11:7 It was by faith that Noah built an ark to save his family from the flood. He obeyed God, who warned him about something that had never happened before. By his faith he condemned the rest of the world and was made right in God’s sight.
Righteousness seems so far from us as we observe (the sins of others) and know from our own experience (our own sins). As we see what it means; Christ in us and who we are in Christ and rely on Christ in us by faith will bring about a whole new level of faith. Christ now takes reign in us, the believer.
Noah lived in a wicked age and he was surrounded by violent sinners; yet He became an heir to righteousness.
Noah’s righteousness came by faith, this was also true with Abraham
- (Romans 4:3) It is only through faith that we can receive the righteousness of Christ. By faith we are made heirs of righteousness.
We are Heirs of the Kingdom, the Kingdom of God.
- James 2:5 Listen to me, dear brothers and sisters. Hasn’t God chosen the poor in this world to be rich in faith? Aren’t they the ones who will inherit the kingdom God promised to those who love him?
God’s kingdom is for today; both a spiritual and a literal, coming kingdom. Right now His Kingdom is within the believer.
But soon, Christ is coming back for a church, a people without spot or wrinkle; to set up His literal Kingdom.
Heirs of the kingdom is to ALL Christians, who love and obey Christ.
We as descendants of Abraham are promised this kingdom inheritance by faith…
- Romans 4:13-16 It is clear, then, that God’s promise to give the whole earth to Abraham and his descendants was not based on obedience to God’s law, but on the new relationship with God that comes by faith. So if you claim that God’s promise is for those who obey God’s law and think they are “good enough” in God’s sight, then you are saying that faith is useless. And in that case, the promise is also meaningless. But the law brings punishment on those who try to obey it.
(The only way to avoid breaking the law is to have no law to break!) So that’s why faith is the key! God’s promise is given to us as a free gift. And we are certain to receive it, whether or not we follow Jewish customs, if we have faith like Abraham.
ALL will NOT receive the inheritance of God’s Kingdom. Those living for this world will not receive it. ONLY those who are born again will receive eternal life. Only those who are spirit filled believers, living a Godly life and living by faith will inherit all things of the kingdom, today in this world. YES, we are Joint Heirs with Christ…
- Romans 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children (greek-sons) of God.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,