This morning my thoughts are focused on God’s Word. We must live by faith that comes from God’s Word. The Bible is God’s Word. It is our responsibility as a believer to:
- read it,
- use it,
- claim it,
- choose it,
- believe it,
- live it,
- meditate upon it,
- memorize it,
- incorporate it into our prayer life,
- act upon it,
- stand upon its promises,
- preach it, teach it, and
- hide it in our hearts.
As we do so, be prepared to see it work effectively within us and within all circumstances we face.
“For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12 (NIV).
From this text, we can see God’s word is very much alive as an effective, relational, and revealing word to the listener.
- In Genesis 1:3-27: God’s speaks and the world is.
- In Psalms 33:6; by His breath He created the heavens and the earth.
- In Psalms 107:20; God’s word brings about healing.
- In Isaiah 55:10-11; God promises that His word never returns to Him empty but will accomplish His will.
- In the Gospels, Jesus’ very word heals, calms storms, and even raises the dead.
- In Genesis 1,2,15; and throughout the Old Testament, God speaks to his creation to instruct, rebuke, and encourage them.
- In the New Testament, John 1:14; “The Word became flesh and dwelt among them…we have seen His glory…the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
- Jesus was and is God’s very Word sent to the world to reveal God’s will to us directly and whom lives in every believer.
“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6.
- You cannot come to God with blind faith or with a wishful thinking attitude.
- You must come to God believing there is a God and with a “child like trust”. In other words, a belief and trust of unwavering faith. This kind of faith comes from the knowledge & understanding of God’s Word revealed by the Holy Spirit.
“Faith comes by hearing, hearing by the Word of God.” Romans 10:17.
This is the God kind of faith. God’s faith is an active faith, a live faith.
As always, love in Christ Jesus.