In beginning today’s thoughts, let me say, salvation is a free gift from God because of His grace and mercy but it is of great importance to follow God’s ways. Answered prayer follows that of living a life of obedience.
What is obedience? Obedience is the submission of one’s own will to the will of another in obedience to, according to the instructions or ruling of.
- Living in obedience to God’s Word is that of submitting one’s will, not resisting.
- Living in obedience also brings about God’s favor.
If you love God you will obey God! When man seeks God, God brings to man understanding of the truth of HIS divine wisdom and knowledge.
This understanding of truth revealed by the Holy Spirit teaches us to walk in obedience. God says in the Bible, “for the lack of knowledge my people perish.”
This knowledge comes from seeking God, turning to God, asking God through prayer and Bible (reading/ study) for wisdom, knowledge and understanding and then applying that knowledge; obediently.
God looks for those who seek Him…Real understanding is acquired through seeking God.
Psalm 14:2 (NLT) The LORD looks down from heaven on the entire human race; he looks to see if there is even one with real understanding, one who seeks for God.
Are you SEEKING GOD?
In order to show the IMPORTANCE OF OBEDIENCE taught in the Bible, I will be sharing many scriptures on this subject, from God’s Word in this letter.
The truth (the Word) brings understanding through obeying the Word and asking in prayer.
God says to seek Him, ask Him as we read in these next few scriptures.
- Ephesians 3:4 (NLT) As you read what I have written; you will understand what I know about this plan regarding Christ.
- Psalm 119:34-37 (NLT) Give me understanding and I will obey your law; I will put it into practice with all my heart. Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found. Give me an eagerness for your decrees; do not inflict me with love for money! Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word.
- Psalm 119:104-106 (NLT) Your commandments give me understanding; no wonder I hate every false way of life. Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. I’ve promised it once, and I’ll promise again: I will obey your wonderful laws.
- Colossians 1:9 (NLT) So we have continued praying for you ever since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you a complete understanding of what he wants to do in your lives, and we ask him to make you wise with spiritual wisdom. The wisdom of God is to love and obey Jesus “the Word”.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,