Let me open today’s thought by stating, His Word brings life for today.
Hebrews 4:12-13 “For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are. Nothing in all creation can hide from Him. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes. This is the God to whom we must explain all that we have done.”
He is speaking of the Living Word, nothing hidden from Him. This Word has all the elements in it that were in Jesus. If we’re not careful, reason will take the Word’s place if we allow it to.
Acting upon the Word doesn’t appeal to the senses. This is why, until the mind is renewed, the Word will never have its place in the believer’s life. Reason must give place to the Word.
When I know that His Word is as authoritative today as it was when it fell from His lips, then it will be a living thing in my lips. Faith in God is faith in His Word.
You want to build faith? Feed on the Word; act upon it.
- In Matthew 4:4 But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People need more than bread for their life; they must feed on every word of God.’
- Isaiah 58:13 “Keep the Sabbath day holy. Don’t pursue your own interests on that day, but enjoy the Sabbath and speak of it with delight as the LORD’S holy day. Honor the LORD in everything you do, and don’t follow your own desires or talk idly.
- Isaiah 63:1 Who is this who comes from Edom, from the city of Bozrah, with his clothing stained red? Who is this in royal robes, marching in the greatness of his strength?” It is I, the LORD, announcing your salvation! It is I, the LORD, who is mighty to save!”
- Isaiah 65:24 I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking to me about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!
Remember this, the word of a man is what a man is. The Word of God is what He is.
- In Luke 1:37 (ASV) For no word from God shall be void of power.
- John 12:49 (ASV) For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, he hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
The Word in your lips can be as mighty as the Word in the Master’s lips. Jesus said again and again.
Now begin to soak in the Word, know the Word, let it penetrate every fiber of your being and let the Word work in you.
- John 15:7 (ASV) If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you. (remain in Him)
Knowing the Power of the Word.
- Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.
His Word when spoken with faith…believing…brings forth life…truth.
- Psalms 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
His Word sustains life.
- Matthew 4:4 But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People need more than bread for their life; they must feed on every word of God.
- Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will remain forever.
- John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
- Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.
- Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the Word of our God stands forever.”
Yes, God’s Word is all powerful, alive and active to the one who who applies the Word in his everyday living.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,