I must say in today’s thoughts, there is an exciting place to be but we must continue a life of obedience and abide in Christ. He is our dwelling place and we are His abode! You can ask and He will provide when you stay fixed, immovable in Christ! Christ himself states in John:
- John 15:7 – 8 (NLT) But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.
- John 6:63 (NLT) The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
David the Psalmist was a man after God’s own heart who spoke of the importance of obedience to the Word of God.
- Psalms 119:9-12 (NLT) How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word. I have tried hard to find you—don’t let me wander from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. I praise you, O LORD; teach me your decrees.
The two scriptures below speak of the power of the Word of God and the change it will do in one’s life if applied and obeyed.
- Hebrews 4:12 (NLT) For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.
- Colossians 3:16 (NLT) Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.
Jesus himself spoke of the importance of abiding in Him, remaining, obeying God and His Word…being filled with the Holy Spirit is being lead, guided and “abiding in Christ:
- John 15:9 – 11 (NLT) “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!
- 1 John 2:5 – 6 (NLT) But those who obey God’s word truly show how completely they love him. That is how we know we are living in him. Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,