This morning my thoughts dwell on seeking God. I must say, this is why I must seek the face of God, it is just to know Him! God wants to show Himself to you and to me It is only the pure in heart that will know God.
As the psalmist wrote, “Who may climb the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, who do not worship idols and never tell lies (KJV states, who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully). They will receive the LORD’S blessing and have right standing with God their savior. They alone may enter God’s presence and worship the God of Israel.”
Psalm 24:3-6 To dwell in the most holy place we must dwell in honesty, even when a lie might save us. We must pursue His calling an upward climb to God and may it be said of us, “well done, good and faithful servant”.
Philippians 3:14 I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.
We must begin to search the most hidden parts of our heart. Stand true, don’t allow illusions and untruths to be a part of our heart but seek to be truthful in ALL we do or say. Being truthful is the pathway to holiness… and “without holiness no man shall see God”!
Isaiah 35:8 And a main road will go through that once deserted land. It will be named the Highway of Holiness. Evil-hearted people will never travel on it. It will be only for those who walk in God’s ways; fools will never walk there.
Hebrews 12:14 Try to live in peace with everyone, and seek to live a clean and holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord. We then can begin to see the fullness of Christ being manifest in our lives…as we walk in truthfulness… holiness.
What is the “truth”? Many men say they know the “truth”, but they neither have holiness nor the power in their lives. For the truth will set you free.
- Ephesians 4:24 (KJV) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another.
- more than “historical doctrines”
- more than religious artifacts
- more than mementos from when God once moved.
Truth knows God’s heart as it was reveled in Christ Jesus. Christ in us the hope of glory. Truth is to know our own heart when God’s light revel’s His grace. Truth is revealed in time by building a relationship.
Yes, the Holy Spirit is manifesting the very characteristics of Christ (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control) who is in us and working through us.
Let’s begin today, right now, to look at the reality of our hearts. As we pray this prayer for God to search us let’s begin to receive the cleansing that Christ died for. We are to be over comers, coming to a maturity in Christ without compromising.
Let’s take a look at the soul searching prayer that King David prayed:
- Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Let’s ask the Holy Spirit to expose any hidden thing within us…of the old nature. For these hidden enemies must be exposed before we can conquer them.
- Jeremiah 17:9 “The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?
In closing, may these words from David’s heart become the prayer from our own heart and come out of our lips as we get to know the heart of God.
- Psalm 19:12-14 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep me from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,