More in todays thoughts on “the gift” from God, our salvation. As stated in Hebrews 9:28 “so also Christ died only once as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again but not to deal with our sins again. This time he will bring salvation to all those who are eagerly waiting for him.”
Yes, Christ Jesus is coming for those who is waiting and expecting His return to take us out of this wicked and sinful world. He has made a way for our “salvation” to be with Him for eternity.
Let me mention this morning that Christ came to take away the sins of many people and this “salvation” is experienced in the present, with our sins forgiven but will be consummated in the future when the Lord Jesus Christ comes again…Eternal Life for those expecting/ looking for His return.
- Romans 13:11 Another reason for right living is that you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for the coming of our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
- 1 Peter 1:5 And God, in his mighty power, will protect you until you receive this salvation, because you are trusting him. It will be revealed on the last day for all to see.
The rapture of the saints, the believers looking and expecting for His return will see this mighty and great “salvation” that of being freed, protected; yes raptured out of this sinful world, saved from destruction and taken up into eternity forever with the Lord.
Salvation…is descriptive in the Bible as: National deliverance…Exodus 14:13-14 But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand where you are and watch the LORD rescue you. The Egyptians that you see today will never be seen again. The LORD himself will fight for you. You won’t have to lift a finger in your defense!”
Deliverance from enemies…2 Chronicles 20:17 But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the LORD’S victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out there tomorrow, for the LORD is with you!” Messiah… Matthew 1:21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, (the Lord saves) for he will save his people from their sins
“Salvation”…is the source of, (in):
- God’s grace… Ephesians 2:5 that even while we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s special favor that you have been saved!) Ephesians 2:8 God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
- God’s love… Romans 5:8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
- God’s mercy… Titus 3:5 He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit. (Greek- He saved us through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Spirit.)
- Christ alone…Acts 4:12 There is salvation in no one else! There is no other name in all of heaven for people to call on to save them.”
- the Cross…1 Corinthians 1:18-19 I know very well how foolish the message of the cross sounds to those who are on the road to destruction. But we who are being saved recognize this message as the very power of God. As the Scriptures say, “I will destroy human wisdom and discard their most brilliant ideas.” Isaiah 29:14 Because of this, I will do wonders among these hypocrites. I will show that human wisdom is foolish and even the most brilliant people lack understanding.”
Oh… if the world could see “the truth”. “The truth” would set them free! Free them from the coming destruction and bring salvation to their mind. body and soul.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,