In today’s thoughts we will look at a few examples that will lead us in the right direction, as our guide or you might say as a light for our pathway. These examples are given to/ for us today from a precious Book, the Bible:
- Psalms 119:105 (NLT) Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. John 17:17 (NLT) Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 – 3:17 (NLT) All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
–> Life was created by God.
- Acts 17:24-25 (NLT) “He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, he doesn’t live in man-made temples, and human hands can’t serve his needs—for he has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need.
–> God cares about our lives.
- Matthew 10:29 – 31 (NLT) What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.
–> God is willing to help in our lives.
Hebrews 13:5-6 (NLT) Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence, “The LORD is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”
I would say that the most neglected area in the life of the Christian is probably Bible reading, and yet Bible reading should be the most important and exciting part of our day.
This is also the most important way God speaks to us. God speaks to us in so many different ways. When we pray, God answers us.
One form that God speaks to us is the form of an instantaneous thought. The devil will try and confuse us with another thought. God’s voice is always positive and usually the very first thought. Remember to listen to, that “still small voice” of God.
Again, let me say God’s Word is very important to the believer’s life; for without hearing, reading and studying His Word, we can become confused in knowing His will for our lives.
Yes, “Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.”
Another way God speaks to us is through people. He will use people in our lives to let His message come through to our hearts. He really uses His Word even through other people to speak to us.
With our “busy lives” it’s easy to say “we just don’t have time” to read the Bible.
- Do you take time to read the newspaper or a good book?
- How much time do you spend watching TV or Facebook, internet, etc.?
- Every person has time. How are we spending it?
- What type of food are we feeding our soul?
Many people may “know” the Bible and can quote verses but do they know how to apply it to everyday living. The difference is that they don’t know a LIVING JESUS.
The difference between just reading scriptures and letting them come alive in your own life is spending time in the Bible, “You and the Lord.”, time spent praying, time spent reading the Bible and application is what is needed to BRING JESUS ALIVE in your life.
The Holy Spirit will begin to reveal the truth to you and guide you into all truth (John 16:13).
As the truth is revealed you apply it to your everyday living. The Word becomes alive and active.
As you open your Bible always remember to ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth to you. You will soon begin to understand and know God’s will for you and Jesus will come alive in all areas of your life.
JESUS IS ALIVE!
He wants to live in and through you! A vessel of honor and glory!
Again let me say, “LET JESUS LIVE!” Be that vessel that God created you for!
As always, love in Christ Jesus,