This morning may I say, It was not Jesus’s earth walk; it was not suffering on the cross that made us righteous. The cross was where He took on the sins of the world. Yes, His blood was shed for the world, for you and me.
BUT let me say, the resurrection was where Satan was defeated, our eternity sealed and brought alive with our Heavenly Father, God. GOD made Jesus sin for you and for me so we can have a relationship with Him, now and forever to be with Him.
Yes, His victory over Satan came through His death, burial and resurrection which bought our Salvation and for all mankind…for the body, soul and spirit. We have total freedom in Christ over the principalities of this world!
Freedom has come to live among us if only we would, believe and receive by faith. IT IS FINSHED, SEALED AND DELIVERED!
This freedom from Satan’s control in this world, in our life, is available to the one who will take Jesus seriously for themselves; believe, trust and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior and allow the Holy Spirit full reign in our mind, soul and spirit.
The FREEDOM we have in Christ Jesus is out of this world. Yes, peace and assurance of a blessed life now and for eternity.
Satan is defeated in the life of one who asks for forgiveness; repents, believes and confesses Jesus Christ as their Savior! Man was set free because of Jesus, giving His life for you and me.
- John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will indeed be free.
Take a moment and think about it. Here Jesus is speaking of the spirit of man being set free. Man is delivered spiritually from the hand of the enemy; delivered physically from disease and hunger and want; and mentally from being ruled by the senses and brings his spirit, that has been a slave through all the ages, to dominate his thinking and his physical actions.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me-that Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, as the Scriptures said.
Isaiah 53:4-6 Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows (Greek-Yet it was our sicknesses he carried; it was our diseases) that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God for his own sins! But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed! All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the guilt and sins of us all.
Yes, Jesus was made the PERFECT sacrifice for you and for me. He was made a substitutionary sacrifice covering the body, soul and spirit.
- Romans 3:21 But now God has shown us a different way of being right in his sight-not by obeying the law but by the way promised in the Scriptures long ago.
- Romans 4:25 He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised from the dead to make us right with God.
- Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.
In Christ we have our Redemption from Satan’s dominion. It is an Eternal Redemption. It is operative NOW. We have the remission of our trespasses and we have eternal life with Him.
The word, “forgiveness,” is not properly translated. It comes from the Greek word “aphesis.” It should always be translated “remission.” Remission means…to wipe out everything we have done up to the time we come to Christ.
No matter how much Satan has enwrapped us in his snares, the minute we are Born Again we stand before God New Creations without the smell of our past life upon our spirits. The instant we are born again, we become the Righteousness of God in Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. Satan’s dominion over us is broken. Instead of being slaves of the Adversary, we become masters of the Adversary. …instead of circumstances lording it over us, we become the masters of circumstances.
- Philippians 4:11 (NASB) Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
Please take these words given to us from God seriously for your eternal soul depends upon it.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,