Let me start todays thought with this; Fellowship with God is sharing together with God.
True Christian fellowship is:
- A common purpose (goal, aim, intention…life forevermore…eternal life)
- A common belief (actuality in something, in truth…benefits of participation in the local church; instruction, fellowship, observation of the ordinances -Lord’s Supper, corporate prayer, effective outreach, common cause, mutual assistance, worship, discipline, pastoral oversight, & OBEDIENCE TO God’s command not to neglect the assembling of themselves together) Acts 2:42 (NLT) They joined with the other believers and devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, sharing in the Lord’s Supper.
- A common conviction (the state of being found, the act or process of convincing) 1 Peter 3:8 (NLT) Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.
- A common work (attitude, delivered from discouragement & fear) Neh. 4:1-23.
- A common hope (to have confidence; trust, to expect and desire) Heb. 11:39-40.
- A common faith (belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence) 1 Sam. 20:30-42
- A common suffering (something that causes pain or distress) Dan. 3:16-30
- A common need (necessity; obligation) (3 principles of giving; be eager to give (willing), give in proportion to what you have, give from love to supply another’s needs (v.14)2 Cor.8:1-15. Paul recognized the church’s sincere love for all believers… “Their love for all saints”
These points as stated above, brought forth a great reputation for the church…what a lesson could be learned here for any local church.
As a disciple…love must be what is to be worn all the time as stated here in:
- John 13:35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. Love is the proof that we’ve passed from death to life.
- 1 John 3:14 If we love our Christian brothers and sisters, it proves that we have passed from death to eternal life. But a person who doesn’t love them is still dead.
Without love we are considered “nothing”. Love “for all saints” should begin with those closest to us…
- an active love in our homes…
- an active love in our church.
Love will always end strife and build fellowship. No wonder Paul was refreshed by this Church, for love was flowing in and through all believers. These believers had their Hope set on Heaven. “You do this because you are looking forward to the joys of heaven—as you have been ever since you first heard the truth of the Good News.”
Heaven was real to these believers. This world was not their home, for they longed and lived for Heaven. These believers were laying up their treasures in Heaven, which should be and is a great motivation for Christian service, the Christian walk. True thanksgiving produces thankful living and Christian fellowship.
Yes, I must say; this world is not my home for heaven is my home in which I am looking forward to being a part of this GREAT FAMILY!
Are you thankful:
…for salvation…tell others of Christ.
…for provision…share it with others.
…for kindness…pass them on.
…for Christian fellowship…extend fellowship.
…for Prayers…pray for others.
Being truly thankful means sharing with one another.
- Do you neglect regular fellowship and meaningful service through your church? It’s important to stay closely connected to a local body of believers.
- Are you a spectator rather than a participant in God’s work? Ask God where you can serve in the church in Christian fellowship.
Brotherly Love is what brings people together for the cause of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,