May this letter bring understanding to the meaning of spiritual freedom. Let’s begin by this one statement; Spiritual blindness causes one to be bound, not set free.
Spiritual blindness is caused by not “casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ”.
Just as an added note, the word “thought” and the word “mind” in the Bible are consider as the same word meaning. Our best defense for our mind is the very thing that will bring offense “the sword of the Spirit, the word of God ” See Eph. 6:17.
The word of God is truly a spiritual weapon with results, that of the opening of blinded “minds” of those who have rejected God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is the very miracle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ; opening the “blinded minds”.
When God’s word is preached, spoken and shared in and with the power of the Holy Spirit, even the most devilish mind will bend and bow to the Almighty Word of God.
- Spiritual blindness is living a life of unrighteousness.
- Spiritual blindness is a condition of an individual who cannot see or understand the message of the Gospel.
- We can sum spiritual blindness up as those who reject Christ and the Gospel of the Kingdom for they are spiritually blind and lost. They are the ones who refuse to choose the teachings of Christ and His authority in their lives. The spiritual blind are those who do not accept the things of the Spirit of God for they are folly to them and he is not able to understand because they are spiritually discerned. We begin to discern the things of the Spirit when we accept Jesus as our Redeemer by faith and allow Him to be the Savior and Lord of our life.
As stated in 2 Corinthians 4:4,”The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, whom is the image of God”.
Those that are spiritually blinded will all have a chance to accept or deny Jesus as Savior and Lord of their life. It will take those that are believers who are willing to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit to those that are lost and spiritually blinded.
The Holy Spirit will draw all me unto Christ and the lost will choose whom they will serve; the god of this world or the God of the universe.
Yes, God is calling every “Christian” to demonstrate “His righteousness”. In other words, living a life of right living for all to see.
As a believer, the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth and give us the desire to live right and be a witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost and spiritually blinded of this world.
When one becomes a Christian, He is to demonstrate a life of purity and holiness.
Yes, demonstrate “His righteousness” and become a “light”, being set free from all the corruption of the world. Obedience will follow the believer!
This is to be a covenant made between God and His people.
- Isaiah 42:6 “I, the LORD, have called you to demonstrate my righteousness. I will guard and support you, for I have given you to my people as the personal confirmation of my covenant with them. And you will be a light to guide all nations to me.
- Isaiah 42:7 You will open the eyes of the blind and free the captives from prison. You will release those who sit in dark dungeons.
Because of the New Covenant through the blood of Jesus, Christ has paid the price for “spiritual blindness”. Follow His ways and begin to SEE your life of freedom!
- Isaiah 44:22 I have swept away your sins like the morning mists. I have scattered your offenses like the clouds. Oh, return to me, for I have paid the price to set you free.”
Do you want to be set free? (Ask, seek and you will find…be “set free”)
Today is the day and now is the time to be set free!
- Isaiah 48:20 Yet even now, be free from your captivity! Leave Babylon and the Babylonians, singing as you go! Shout to the ends of the earth that the LORD has redeemed his servants, the people of Israel.
- Isaiah 55:1-7 “Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink—even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk—it’s all free! Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen, and I will tell you where to get food that is good for the soul! “Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, for the life of your soul is at stake. I am ready to make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the mercies and unfailing love that I promised to David. He displayed my power by being my witness and a leader among the nations.
Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now, while he is near.
Another important note; All mankind will be either a slave to sin or a slave to righteousness. In other words; a life unto right living, “Christlike” or worldliness – (lacking in spiritual living).
We are to and can live a life of freedom in Christ, which begins with the born-again experience.
In other words, receiving Christ Jesus in your heart, begins the process of sanctification of your mind and heart, by the Holy Spirit and leading you into all truth, giving you a desire to follow His ways NOT the worldly ways.
As Always, Love in Christ Jesus,