What it means to believe – as a believer. It will take faith, from the beginning to the end to walk as a believer. Let me say, God’s mercy and grace is what carries us along in life.
God gave us a plan to live as a believer and it includes simple faith, our faith, trust and belief in His Son, Christ Jesus. Our belief in Jesus brings you might say, a new life; a new heart and new spirit, yes, desires to follow Godly ways. As the scriptures states; we live, move and have our life in Him. Truly this is what is meant to believe in Christ Jesus.
To believe is to accept as true or real; to expect, to have faith, confidence or trust.
To believe is to have confidence in the truth, value, or existence of something.
- Do you believe Jesus was born from a virgin?
- Do you believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus?
- Do you accept this Jesus as the truth and His saving power as real?
- Do you have faith, confidence and trust in Jesus Christ?
- Do you value the Words and existence of the Bible?
- Do you have the confidence of it to be the truth, the life and the way?
To believe in God is to place your complete trust in all that Jesus did for us, at the cross. Jesus went to the cross; bore every stripe on his back for your sickness and disease. He shed His blood to forgive, all your sins.
Do you believe?
All this and more is what it means to believe. The key to receiving what you need is to have faith or to believe.
- Ephesians 1:7 (NLT) He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven.
As a believer we must use (or apply) the faith that we have. Satan is always trying to destroy our faith with lies. You cannot allow doubt and unbelief to creep into your mind. It will destroy the faith that you have if you allow it to fester within your mind. Jesus defeated Satan in all areas of His life and SO CAN WE!
Here are some examples that Jesus came to give us all that we need here on earth.
- Jesus said in Mark 9:23 (NLT) “What do you mean,‘If I can? Anything is possible if a person believes.”
- Again in Mark 11:24 (NLT) Jesus said, “Listen to me! You can pray for anything, and if you believe, you will have it.” God has given all mankind a choice to choose right from wrong; good from evil. To make this choice we must know the truth and the truth will set us free.
- Jesus said, in John 14:6, “I am the truth.” To make the right choice we must believe the right thing. To believe in Jesus is to believe in the truth. When we choose to believe in Jesus we are saying we believe in His Word, the Bible; for Jesus said He was and is the Word.
As stated earlier to believe is to have trust, confidence in something. When you say you believe in Jesus you are actually saying that you have confidence, trust, and faith in Him; which is the Word of God, the Bible.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,