Today’s thought, the fruit of faithfulness. Faithfulness and faith worketh together. Those that are faithful you can say are also showing faith in whom they are faithful to.
It will take faith to live faithful. Faith in God and the finished work of the Gospel.
Faithfulness takes faith …yes, faith in action.
Faith is defined as a trust. (an active sense of believing) “complete confidence in a person.”
ANYTHING received from the Lord is by FAITH…Faith is absolutely necessary in order to receive anything from God. Faith is both believing and trusting.
- Mark 5:34 And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. You have been healed.”
- Matthew 9:29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “Because of your faith, it will happen.”
- Matthew 8:13 Then Jesus said to the Roman officer, “Go on home. What you have believed has happened.” And the young servant was healed that same hour.
ALL PROMISES from God are conditioned upon Faith. James 1:6-7 But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
• Faith is the very nature of God. John 6:29
• Faith is a fruit of the Spirit as well as a gift. Ephesians 2:8
• Faith comes from the Heart. Romans 10:9-10
• Faith is evidence of things we cannot see…it brings forth that which we cannot see, and takes away that that is there, and substitutes it. Hebrews 11:1
• Faith is made from God’s Word. Everything that is ever made is made from the Word. When we come to the truth of what the Word means, we shall be able not only to build but to know, not only to know but to have.
Faith is Obtained from:
- Scriptures… John 20:30-31
- Preaching… John 17:20
- The Good News…Acts 15:7
- Hearing the Word…Romans 10:17
- God’s promises…Romans 4:21
FAITH, the God kind of faith must work under the will of God…that is to say…we must have no will of our own.
Kinds of Faith:
- Human Faith or Dead Faith…Head Faith…James 2:17-20
- Saving Faith…Heart Faith…this is putting head Faith into action Ephesians 2:8… Romans 10:9-10
- The Gift Faith…is a gift , a supernatural endowment of faith for a special purpose… Hebrews 11:32,33. One of the Nine Gifts of the Holy Spirit, Special Faith.
- Temporary Faith…Luke 8:13 (NLT) The seeds on the rocky soil represent those who hear the message and receive it with joy. But since they don’t have deep roots, they believe for a while, then they fall away when they face temptation.
You must pay the price to have FAITH…The price is that of obedience, godliness, holiness, following in the footsteps of Jesus, a life of no condemnation, walking in the Scriptures.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,