In today’s thoughts I would like to ask, What does it means to believe? To believe is to accept as true or real; to expect, to have faith, confidence or trust. To believe is to have confidence in the truth, value, or existence of something.
- Do you believe Jesus was born from a virgin?
- Do you believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus?
- Do you accept this Jesus as the truth and His saving power as real?
- Do you have faith, confidence and trust in Jesus Christ?
- Do you value the Words and existence of the Bible?
- Do you have the confidence of it to be the truth, the life and the way?
To believe is to place your complete trust in all that Jesus did for us, at the cross. Jesus went to the cross; bore every stripe on his back for your sickness and disease. He shed His blood to forgive, all your sins. Do you believe?
All this and more is what it means to believe. The key to receiving what you need is to have faith or to believe.
- Ephesians 1:7 (NLT) He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven.
As a believer we must use (or apply) the faith that we have. Satan is always trying to destroy our faith with lies.
You cannot allow doubt and unbelief to creep into your mind. It will destroy the faith that you have if you allow it to fester within your mind. Jesus defeated Satan in all areas of His life and SO CAN WE!
Here are some examples that Jesus came to give us all that we need here on earth.
- Jesus said in Mark 9:23 (NLT) “What do you mean,‘If I can? Anything is possible if a person believes.”
- Again in Mark 11:24 (NLT) Jesus said, “Listen to me! You can pray for anything, and if you believe, you will have it.”
God has given all mankind a choice to choose right from wrong; good from evil. To make this choice we must know the truth and the truth will set us free.
- Jesus said, in John 14:6, “I am the truth.”
As stated earlier to believe is to have trust, confidence in something. When you say you believe in Jesus you are actually saying that you have confidence, trust, and faith in Him; you will believe Jesus and the Word of God, the Bible.
John 1:1, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” So it can be said that you cannot separate the Word, Jesus and God for they are one of the same; for Jesus stated that He was the Word.
It is interesting to note that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit works together as one but are considered to be three divine personalities. This is where we derive the trinity from. It is exciting to know that we have the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in us as a believer.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,