This morning let me ask you, Do you get sidetracked when you need to pray, read, study and meditate on His Word? I truly believe the Holy Spirit leads us to look to God for everything.
Yes, I believe God communicates to His children through His Spirit. There are many ways He will communicate with you but I truly believe His main means of communication is through prayer and the Holy Spirit.
Remember, WE CHOOSE; WHOM WE WILL SERVE?
- 1 Corinthians 10:21 (NLT) You cannot drink from the cup of the Lord and from the cup of demons, too. You cannot eat at the Lord’s Table and at the table of demons, too.
- See also Ephesians 5:11; Hebrews 11:25-27.
To break the hold (or grip) of Satan in your life you must choose to follow the truth, Jesus. This will take setting your mind on the truth, Jesus, and His Word. As Jesus has stated in the Bible,
- John 14:6, “He is the way, the truth and the Life.” As you apply Biblical principles daily in all you do, your mind and heart will begin to be renewed by the Spirit of God on the truth of things above.
- 1 John 5:5 (NLT) And the ones who win this battle against the world are the ones who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
When you say you believe in Jesus, or you believe Jesus, you are actually saying that you believe in all that Jesus did by going to the cross. Jesus came to bind up the broken hearted, to release the captives, and to set the people free. Free from the destructive powers of darkness.
So you can say to believe in Jesus is to believe in the Bible, God’s very word to and for mankind. The power of Jesus is greater than the power of Satan. His very Spirit resides in you, setting the believer free from ALL that holds him captive. The light of Jesus breaks the hold of Satan and destroys the works of darkness; setting the captive free.
- Repentance from sin and turning from all revealed sin is a must. Forgiveness is available to all that asks.
Once free, how can a person stay free? You must begin to fill your mind, soul and body with all that is Godly. When Jesus sets you free you are free indeed. You must believe that you are free. Be filled with the Holy Spirit and begin to follow His direction into all truth as you read and study God’s Word and pray.
Lastly, Another important factor in staying free is to stay away from all forms of ungodliness.
- Is what I’m doing or saying bringing glory to God?
- Is what I’m doing or saying advancing His Kingdom?
- Is what I’m doing or saying bringing people closer to Christ?
Ask God to reveal His Word to you as you read and study the Bible. Be obedient in all that He reveals. Living the Christian life is an ongoing process, which never stops until the Lord comes back or until you go by the way of the grave. In other- wards, the Christian walk is a life experience with Christ, IN Christ, that is, allowing the Holy Spirit to work out those things in your life for His purpose.
- Galatians 2:20 (NLT) I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Thru believing God, His Word and applying it daily we can enter a place of rest, where we are assured that everything is OK.
- Hebrews 4:11 Let us do our best to enter that place of rest. For anyone who disobeys God (doubt and unbelief), as the people of Israel did, will fall.
God is speaking to all believers who obey Him, to enter a state of rest…a spiritual rest…THRU OBEDIENCE – TRUE BELIEVING.
- Romans 1:17 “This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith.” As the Scriptures say, “ It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”
Let’s begin TODAY, to live our FREEDOM in Christ, for Jesus says “in Him we live, move and have our being.” It’s time we – Believe, Apply and Walk in God’s Word.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,