This morning in my thoughts I will start by stating that to live as the Spiritual man; is a life being filled, directed and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- John 15 tells us that the spirit-filled life is the Christ-directed life by which Christ lives His life in and through us in the power of the Holy Spirit.
This walk in the spirit-filled life will take daily walking; consisting of prayer, Bible reading and being led by the power of the Holy Spirit.
This morning during my devotional time I had an interesting thought; that God is not looking for people to work for Him but He is looking for people to work through them. We are to be an instrument, a vessel that the Holy Spirit can flow through. Yes, Christ in us flowing through us.
- In John 3:1-8 we are told that one becomes a Christian through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. From the moment of spiritual birth, that of believing and accepting Christ as your Lord and Savior; the Holy Spirit resides in the Christian and yes, if allowed, the Holy Spirit will direct our life.
- John 1:12 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God…see also Colossians 2:9-10;John 14:16-17.
We as Christians are to be filled, directed and empowered by the Holy Spirit on an ongoing basis. This continual infilling is built from a relationship-fellowship with Christ daily, through His Word, prayer, trusting, applying and acting on His Word.
As stated in John 7:37-39, the Holy Spirit is the very source of the overflowing life, “rivers of living water” . The Holy Spirit came to glorify Christ in and through the believer as stated in John 16:1-15.
A true disciple of Christ is one who is filled with the Holy Spirit; being directed and empowered for God’s service. The Spirit-filled life, that of direction and empowerment comes by faith and by the Holy Spirit.
You may ask, how can I experience this spirit-filled life of empowerment and direction by the Holy Spirit?
You can receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit right now if you: Sincerely desire to be directed and empowered by the Holy Spirit as stated in Matthew. Right now, won’t you surrender your will, mind, spirit and soul to God. Believe this promise for you!
Yes, ask, seek, knock and out of the abundance of the heart your mouth speaketh. Interesting to note!
- Matthew 5:6, God blesses those who are hungry and thirsty for justice, for they will receive it in full… see also John 7:37-39, below.
Confess your sins. It will take faith, thanking God that He has forgiven all your sins; past and present.
- John 7:37 – 39, On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “If you are thirsty, come to me! If you believe in me, come and drink! For the Scriptures declare that rivers of living water will flow out from within.”
(When he said “living water,” he was speaking of the Holy Spirit, who would be given to everyone DESIRING AND BELIEVING in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory) Christ died for you! Col 2:13-15; 1 John 1; 2:1-3; Heb 10:1-17.
Begin now to present every area of your life to God, a total surrendering/ yielding of one’s body, soul and spirit, emotions and your will; to be like Jesus, pure and holy, full of His Glory. This is my desire, may it be yours.
- Romans 12:1 – 2, And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask? Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.
By faith, receive/accept the fullness of the Holy Spirit as stated in Ephesians 5:18, (His command) and (His promise) as stated in 1 John 5:14-15.
Begin expressing your desire by faith through prayer and by faith believing that you will receive, when you ask. You will be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit with the authority of God and His Word.
This authority comes from the fact of God and His Word, faith and our trust in God and His Word.
Remember this, fact and faith is what will bring the desired result, not feeling. Do you believe? The feeling will come as a result of our faith and obedience to God and His Word. See Hebrews 11:6; Rom. 14:22-23.
To walk in the Spirit one must have faith and trust in God and His promises for today, now. Seek God and His righteousness, begin to ask and desire the infilling of the Holy Spirit, with evidence of speaking in tongues. You will receive when you believe He is for you.
Be filled, stayed filled and continue to walk in His Spirit with obedience; that of studying His Word, praying and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth. In closing let us begin to LISTEN, OBEY and DO.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,