This morning I will say, God is in control and runs the scoreboard and the clock of life. In this game of life, we are the victors, because Jesus has already won the victory over Satan.
There is a game to be played…a battle to be fought in this life and a victory to be won and He wants you to win. Keep in the race by keeping the faith.
You keep the faith by:
- reading the Word,
- believing / trusting the Word,
- praying, the Word,
- applying the Word.
With all that said, to win a battle you must have a plan. God’s plan for each of our lives is written in His Word. We have His plan for this game of life and we have already won IF we are following the game plan, His Word.
I am SO GRATEFUL for Jesus and His blood that was shed for me/ for you. Yes, God’s plan for WINNING in this life that was given for all mankind to receive.
How exciting it is to know that we can finish the game of life and at the end of the race say as Apostle Paul states in: 2 Timothy 4:7, KJV: “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:”
Our first step in winning a battle is to prepare for it. Help is only found in seeking God’s help:
- Stated in Matthew 6:33 and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.
- As stated in John 3:3 Jesus replied, “ I assure you, unless you are born again, you can never see the Kingdom of God.”
- Later in John 14:6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”
Jesus tells us how to get to God. When you came into this world you were physically born of water, earthly parents, but to become a child of the King, a member of His family and a citizen of His Kingdom, you must become spiritually born of God; accept Jesus, as your Lord and Savior, truthfully repent and turn from your sins and ask His forgiveness.
Yes, ask Him to come into your heart and take over your life committing your life to Him. The Holy Spirit will help you run this race successfully when you give Him the reigns. This is the only way you will become victorious and receive the power to win and defeat the spiritual enemy and guaranteed eternal life.
To win a battle there must be time spent in training. We as God’s people must be involved in things of God…that of spiritual training and spiritual exercises…preparing for spiritual growth and preparing for the battle.
Let’s look at some scriptures that will help in our spiritual growth and understanding of the relationship which God desires with all His children.
- 1 Peter 2:2 You must crave pure spiritual milk so that you can grow into the fullness of your salvation. Cry out for this nourishment as a baby cries for milk.
Spiritual growth is an ongoing part of the believer’s life until Jesus returns…Philippians 1:6 And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.
Jesus overcame Satan through the Word of God and through the power of the Holy Spirit. We are no different in that sense; we will overcome Satan in our life by the blood of Jesus, through the Word of God, prayer and through the power of the Holy Spirit, in the degree that He is residing in us.
- Apostle Paul tells us to put on the whole armor of God that we may be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Paul states in Ephesians 6:11 , to “put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles (trickery) of the devil.”
The devil-Satan , is counting on that we will see the (fun and pleasure in sin). The devil is asking us to invest in something of immediate return without telling us about the risk, the outcome, the ugly side!
The devil approaches us with exaggerated emphasis on the pleasure we can enjoy if we sin. The devil is counting on us to act on the immediate pleasure and does not want us to stop and think when we are approached with tempted behavior. Satan does not want us to study the Word, pray and consider if something is right or not.
Do not give Satan an opening into our lives through our emotions and mood. The devil will use this as a way to erode your character and to lead you into sin and gradually turn you away from God. We must always be ready to repent, forgive and turn away from all appearance of evil.
- Ephesians 4:26, makes this very clear. “Be angry and do not sin, do not let the sun go down on your wrath; nor give place to the devil.”
How exciting it is to know that God did not leave us defenseless; for He has given us His Word and the Holy Spirit to guide and lead us into all truth.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,