My thoughts this morning reflects on the very power working in us as a spirit- filled believer. I am coming to the realization of the importance of what is meant for our mind, heart and spirit to be ready at anytime for the power of the Holy Spirit to flow from us to the one in need.
If our mind and spirit is not in unity with the Holy Spirit we will miss opportunities as a witness and a testimony of the miracle working power of God in us. How exciting to know that we as believers have the very power of God working in us!
My faith in Christ Jesus has given me a saving knowledge of the love and wisdom of God, Jesus and the power that came to us through Calvery.
Without the sacrifice of Jesus and His shed blood for our sins at Calvery and His resurrection we would never had have the opportunity of being able to go directly to God through the power of the Holy Spirit working in us as a believer.
Because of Calvery, you might say, we have God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit residing in us the moment we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. The Holy Spirit now resides in us as our teacher and guides/leads us into all truth; in which He brings to us the very meaning of the Gospel into our hearts, mind, soul and spirit, forever changing us into the very likeness of Christ Jesus. In my opinion, this is what is meant by, “we were made in the image of God.”
We have authority over Satan in our lives through the miracle working power of the Holy Spirit working within us.
There is NO REASON to let Satan reign in your life any longer. As a believer you are God’s child. DO NOT give any room or place for Satan in your life. Living the “Christian Life” is living and walking in the Spirit of Christ and allowing the Holy Spirit to work in and through us.
What this means is, as a believer, your character (inside) becomes Christ like and your conduct (outside) is an example of your character.
As a spirit filled believer, the fruit of the Spirit will begin to show in your conduct for the Holy Spirit from within will begin to show Christ on the outside.
This is when neighbors, friends, family and co-workers will take notice and ask you for prayer in their lives.
This “Christian living”, will take living by faith, faith in Christ Jesus. IT IS FINISHED, says the Lord. Anything and everything we receive from God will be by faith. Faith in His finished work.
There is nothing we can do to earn this faith, for it is a free gift given from God. As a born again believer, we received Christ in our hearts simply by faith and He now resides in us, changing us into His likeness!
Are you beginning to see that faith in Christ is to believe and trust in His finished work through His death, burial and resurrection. The cross was the very means that has bought our freedom and we now can become a new creation.
- 1 Peter 2:24, seals that issue. “He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds!”
- Philippians 4:19, shows us how God supplies our financial needs. “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.”
- Matthew 6:31-34, gives us Jesus’ revelation of the Father’s attitude toward His children. “So don’t worry about having enough food or drink or clothing. Why be like the pagans who are so deeply concerned about these things? Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.”
It’s time we start resting in His rest. That is, resting in the confidence that it’s done. This only can be done by faith. Faith in Christ and His finished work through cross.
You might say, Paul, “It’s hard to recognize that it is done. It’s hard to grasp in the natural.” The same spirit that raised up Christ from the dead will give clearness to your mind, if you would believe and place your complete trust in Jesus and God’s Word.
- Begin to believe, trust, apply and live the Word. As you read/hear the Word it will become alive.
- Begin to take your place as a son and daughter, grafted into the family, the Holy Spirit living and working through you, the believer.
- It’s time to begin to live what God said you are. By faith we believe the promises of God and by faith we will receive. Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.
- “If” you REPENT, turn from your SINS; accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and believe He died on the cross and resurrected for you, you become are a New Creation in Christ Jesus.
- Begin believing, “I am what you say I am. I can do what you say I can do in Christ. I can do all things in Him who strengthen me.” These promises are for every believer to receive by faith.
Remember, our Heavenly Father and Jesus is inside of you. The very ONE who raised Jesus from the dead. He is actually there, if you believe!
Yes, as a spirit filled believer, the Holy Spirit is alive in you, in me. The Holy Spirit is leading us into the very truth of the gospel; to be a witness of Christ in us, flowing through us.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,