In today’s thought, let’s not forget what JESUS came to do for us and what we as believers must do, to continue in Christ. When you make Jesus your Lord and Savior He is your Master. If He is your Master than nothing else truly matters more than pleasing Him.
First, let me say, we receive Christ in our hearts and life, simply by faith, accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior and believing in who He was and is for us, today. When you become born-again, your spirit, heart and soul instantly began to change. Christ becomes part of us and lives in us. We have new desires, a new way of living, a life under His Lordship, a life of freedom. No more a slave to sin and serving our selfish desires.
We begin to have new desires and our heart of stone becomes a heart of flesh; love, compassion and mercy for the one who is hurting, lost and in need of healing in mind, spirit, body and soul. A lost people in need of a loving God.
Sanctification is God’s part of the “Redemption” and Consecration is our part in God’s plan for our Redemption.
God’s plan for “Redemption” is always ongoing, a time of dying out of ALL that is not right (SIN) and remember that JESUS DIED that we might have LIFE.
JESUS was resurrected that we can have fellowship with both HIM and the Father, God. Christ took on “SIN” for OUR “REDEMPTION”. Redemption means: To rescue, Salvation from sin through Christ Sacrifice!
What Easter means to me! Christ is my Redeemer. I am made perfect through Christ. A perfect redemption; body, soul and spirit.
- 1 Corinthians 1:30 God alone made it possible for you to be in Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Christ to be wisdom itself. He is the one who made us acceptable to God.
He made us pure and holy, and he gave himself to purchase our freedom.
- Christ gives unto us –WISDOM
- Christ is “our knowledge” “our understanding”
- Christ is “our way” – “our truth” – “our life”
- Knowledge that we are sinners
- Conviction (Godly Sorrow) for sin.
- Christ is our –RIGHTEOUSNESS (made “acceptable to God”)
- Christ alone is “our righteousness”
- He gives us “his righteousness”
- He gives us a “righteous character” Christ is our –SANCTIFICATION (we are made “pure and holy”)
- Christ’s prayer “Sanctify them” (John 17:17)
- We are “Sanctified through the truth” (John 17:17)
- Christ “is sanctification for all believers” (John 17:20)
Christ has made redemption for us – TODAY – NOW!!! A free gift to all mankind!
The Gospel Plan:
- Conviction for SIN by HIS WISDOM.
- Forgiveness from SIN by HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.
- Sanctification of spirit through HIS HOLINESS.
- Redemption of BODY, SOUL, AND SPIRIT BY: The Power of His Resurrection.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,