This morning again I say, DO NOT WAIVER! James 1:5-7 (NLT) sums up this very thought…“If you need wisdom—if you want to know what God wants you to do—ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking. But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.”
This will require a life of obedience; living within the guidelines of God’s Word, (the Bible).
Obedience to the law in itself cannot lead us into living a Christian life. Living the Christian life WILL TAKE LIVING IN CHRIST; believing and receiving the Good-News of the Gospel being applied into your everyday life. In other words, making Jesus personslly your Lord and Savior.
It is only through the shedding of the blood of Jesus Christ in which you can be saved. Jesus Christ died that you may have life and life more abundantly.
This life in Christ is that of placing your complete trust in Him. This will take a life of obedience; changing your mind and attitude, dwelling on Godly thoughts.
Prayerful living is a life of reading, meditating and applying His Word in your everyday living. The Holy Spirit will take up residence in the life of the believer.
Let’s look how obedience correlates with that of being in right standing with God. Obedience keeps our relationship with God open and free.
- John 15:10-11 (NLT) When you obey me, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father and remain in his love. I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!
Those who trust and obey God’s Word will live under the obedience of His Word. Applying the truth of His Word is the very training ground which will lead you into living a life of obedience.
God has given all of us a will of choice. His Word and Spirit will guide us into all truth.
Won’t you invite Jesus to be close to you?
- John 7:37 – 38 (NLT) “… If you are thirsty, come to me! If you believe in me, come and drink! For the Scriptures declare that rivers of living water will flow out from within.”
- Matthew 11:28 – 30 (NLT) Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light.”
- John 14:21 (NLT) Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them. And I will reveal myself to each one of them.
Yes, believing God’s Word will lead to obeying God’s Word.
- James 1:19-27, TLB- VERSE 22: And remember, it is a message to obey, not just to listen to. So don’t fool yourselves.
- Proverbs 2:1-4 “My child, listen to me and treasure my instructions. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight and understanding. Search for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure.”
In order to choose life, man MUST OBEY God and remain in right standing with the Father.
There is ONLY one way to keep our relationship with the Father and that is through DAILY Prayer (communication) with God, meditation reading and studying His Word (the Bible).
Praying is not an option, it is a command. Praying takes faith, a faith that believes as stated in:
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 (KJV) “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”
So we can say it is through obedience that we can stay in right standing with God but it takes prayer (that of asking) and faith (that of believing), yes trusting, as we read the Word of God; to walk in continual obedience to God, LIVING A LIFE OF OBEDIENCE.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,