Again this morning let’s continue to look into the scriptures and see what Salvation…was and (is) :
- Promised to Adam…Genesis 3:15 From now on, you and the woman will be enemies, and your offspring and her offspring will be enemies. He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”
- Announced to Abram…Genesis 12:1-3 Then the LORD told Abram, “Leave your country, your relatives, and your father’s house, and go to the land that I will show you. I will cause you to become the father of a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and I will make you a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you. All the families of the earth will be blessed through you.”
- Revealed to the prophets………….1 Peter 1:10-11 This salvation was something the prophets wanted to know more about. They prophesied about this gracious salvation prepared for you, even though they had many questions as to what it all could mean. They wondered what the Spirit of Christ within them was talking about when he told them in advance about Christ’s suffering and his great glory afterward. They wondered when and to whom all this would happen.
- Promised to the Gentiles…Isaiah 45:21-22 Consult together, argue your case, and state your proofs that idol worship pays. Who made these things known long ago? Longed for by the saints. Psalm 119:81 I faint with longing for your salvation; but I have put my hope in your word. Psalm 119:174 O LORD, I have longed for your salvation, and your law is my delight. What idol ever told you they would happen? Was it not I, the LORD? For there is no other God but me-a just God and a Savior-no, not one! Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other.
- To be realized in the Messiah…Isaiah 59:16-17 He was amazed to see that no one intervened to help the oppressed. So he himself stepped in to save them with his mighty power and justice. He put on righteousness as his body armor and placed the helmet of salvation on his head. He clothed himself with the robes of vengeance and godly fury.
- Seen in Christ’s birth… Luke 1:69 He has sent us a mighty Savior from the royal line of his servant David, Luke 1:77 You will tell his people how to find salvation through forgiveness of their sins.
- Christ, the author…Hebrews 5:9 In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest, and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him. Appeared to all the people…Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people.
- Proclaimed to Israel…Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O people of Zion! Shout in triumph, O people of Jerusalem! Look, your king is coming to you. He is righteous and victorious, yet he is humble, riding on a donkey-even on a donkey’s colt.
- Accomplished on the cross… John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so I, the Son of Man, must be lifted up on a pole, (Greek- must be lifted up) so that everyone who believes in me will have eternal life.
- Preached through the Good News… Ephesians 1:13 And now you also have heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago.
- Rejected by Israel… Acts 13:26-46 “Brothers-you sons of Abraham, and also all of you devout Gentiles who fear the God of Israel-this salvation is for us! The people in Jerusalem and their leaders fulfilled prophecy by condemning Jesus to death. They didn’t recognize him or realize that he is the one the prophets had written about, though they hear the prophets’ words read every Sabbath. They found no just cause to execute him, but they asked Pilate to have him killed anyway…
- Extended to Gentiles…Acts 28:28 “So I want you to realize that this salvation from God is also available to the Gentiles, and they will accept it.” (Some manuscripts add verse 29, And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, greatly disagreeing with each other.)
I must say, It truly is a blessing to accept Jesus as my Savior; for Salvation has come to my house and my children and with that I will be FOREVER GRATEFUL!
As always, love in Christ Jrsus,