In finalizing my thoughts this morning from the past few days on this theme of “Salvation”, I must say, that God has provided Salvation for this age and given to all whom would believe in the Gospel and His plan of Salvation for all mankind.
Let me be frank and say it the way it is; You may be a good person, you may go to church every Sunday and you may give to those who are in need but all this and more does not or will not make or pave your way to Heaven or guarantee your way to eternity with your Heavenly Father.
The Bible makes it perfectly clear with the very words of Jesus in John 14:6, Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.“
It is through Christ Jesus, knowing Him or you might say, accepting Him into your heart and life as your own personal Lord and Savior. This change of heart and your life changes the moment you are sincere and accept Jesus for what He had and has done for you.
You now build that relationship through communication (prayer) reading His Word and asking for understanding. As believers we believe, trust and recieve by faith in a risen Savior our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. You are guaranteed Eternal Life as a follower of Jesus Christ.
Yes, Salvation has come to your household, eternal life is for all who will receive. Here are a few more scriptures that will bring Salvation to life.
This age, day of Salvation…2 Corinthians 6:2 For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you” and in Isaiah 49:8 “This is what the LORD says: “At just the right time, I will respond to you. On the day of salvation, I will help you. I will give you as a token and pledge to Israel. This will prove that I will reestablish the land of Israel and reassign it to its own people again”
Indeed, God is ready to help you right now. Today is the day of salvation.
God’s patience in…2 Peter 3:9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so he is giving more time for everyone to repent.
Be aware of the Final day, nearer each day…Romans 13:11 Another reason for right living is that you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for the coming of our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
Consummated in the Second coming…Hebrews 9:28 so also Christ died only once as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again but not to deal with our sins again. This time he will bring salvation to all those who are eagerly waiting for him.
Praise for, in heaven… Revelation 7:10 And they were shouting with a mighty shout, “Salvation comes from our God on the throne and from the Lamb!”
Requirements of (or) to Receive Salvation: Acts 2:21 “And anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
- Confession… Romans 10:10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.
- Repentance… Mark 1:15 “At last the time has come!” he announced. “The Kingdom of God is near! Turn from your sins and believe this Good News!”
- Faith… John 3:14-18 And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so I, the Son of Man, must be lifted up on a pole (Greek must be lifted up) so that everyone who believes in me will have eternal life. “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it. “There is no judgment awaiting those who trust him. But those who do not trust him have already been judged for not believing in the only Son of God.
- Regeneration…John 3:3-8 Jesus replied, “I assure you, unless you are born again, (Or born from above) you can never see the Kingdom of God.” “What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?” Jesus replied, “The truth is, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. (“of water” “and the Spirit” representing that of cleansing at birth or rebirth – which comes with the born-again experience. The Greek word for Spirit can also be translated (wind) -(wind is invisible but also can be powerful.) Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives new life from heaven. So don’t be surprised at my statement that you must be born again. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit.”
- Holy Scriptures…2 Timothy 3:15 You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.
- Believe…Romans 10:9 “For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” The ultimate reason for Salvation is Eternal Life /relationship with our creator!
I am so thankful and grateful for the new life, the born-again experience that has been provided for me by Christ Jesus. I have made that personal commitment many years ago and have never regretted it. As I make the decision to serve Him daily, my desire to get to know Him grows more and more from day to day.
My hope and prayers for today is that all who reads today’s thoughts makes the same commitment as I have, to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior and receive this new life experience. Yes, a changed heart and forgiveness of their sins.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,