My morning thoughts continue in the meaning of Righteousness being the key to the very work of Christ.
Yes…the object of Christ’s finished work was that He might make it possible for natural man to become a New Creation and become the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
Righteousness means…the ability to stand in God’s presence as though sin had never been. Standing there without any sense of inferiority or condemnation.
Our FREEDOM was purchased for TODAY,NOW, and for eternity after our death, a life free from sin and condemnation.
This was the problem, for man must be given righteousness.
1. God must be righteous in His dealings with man. His transgression must not be overlooked, and the penalty must be paid.
2. God must act towards Satan on grounds of absolute justice. God must redeem man from his authority on legal grounds.
3. He must not only be just to man and to Satan, but His actions must also be according to His own righteousness.
Righteousness is the very foundation of His throne. Jesus made alive in the spirit.
- Colossians 2:15 In this way, God disarmed the evil rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross of Christ. Jesus had been made sin.
- 1 Peter 3:18 Christ also suffered when he died for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners that he might bring us safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit. Jesus was justified in the spirit.
- 1 Timothy 3:16 Without question, this is the great mystery of our faith: Christ appeared in the flesh and was shown to be righteous by the Spirit. He was seen by angels and was announced to the nations. He was believed on in the world and was taken up into heaven.
- Revelation 1:18 I am the living one who died. Look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave. This could only come after He had conquered the adversary and taken the keys of death and the grave from the enemy.
- Hebrews 9:24-26 For Christ has entered into heaven itself to appear now before God as our Advocate. He did not go into the earthly place of worship, for that was merely a copy of the real Temple in heaven. Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, like the earthly high priest who enters the Most Holy Place year after year to offer the blood of an animal. If that had been necessary, he would have had to die again and again, ever since the world began. But no! He came once for all time, at the end of the age, to remove the power of sin forever by his sacrificial death for us.
- Hebrews 10:12 But our High Priest offered himself to God as one sacrifice for sins, good for all time. Then he sat down at the place of highest honor at God’s right hand.
- Ephesians 2:6 declares that we are legally sitting with Him in heaven. (NASB) “and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”
That is our legal standing with God for TODAY. This is the foundation of our legal rights. The Holy Spirit through the Word can make our present rights in Redemption a reality.
The days of weakness and failure are ended for the man…who knows the Word and dares to act upon it! JESUS became the substitutionary sacrifice…for you and me!
There was a gap between God and man. Because of our sinful nature there has been a gap between God and man and man and God.
BUT I have GOOD NEWS; GOD in His endless love made a way through His Son, Jesus, who was sinless. Jesus shed His blood to wash away our sin and once again have a relationship with our maker. Yes, you might say Jesus was and is the bridge to God.
DO YOU BELIEVE?
Be Determined to walk in Him, and live for HIM.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,