Let’s stay free by staying in Christ, for the law of the love of Christ will keep you free as stated in these scriptures. God’s Word always leads us into the very truth of freedom in Christ.
- Galatians 5:1 So Christ has really set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.
- James 1:25 But if you keep looking steadily into God’s perfect law—the law that sets you free—and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
- James 2:12 So whenever you speak, or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law of love, the law that set you free.
Keeping free, will also take spending time; meditating in and on the scriptures, listening for/to God’s voice and obeying, applying (doing) what He tells you, immediately.
- Ephesians 5:17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do.
- Hebrews 9:15 That is why he is the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, so that all who are invited can receive the eternal inheritance God has promised them. For Christ died to set them free from the penalty of the sins they had committed under that first covenant.
Obedience is the key to being set free. Being set free means joy, peace, blessings and favor!
- Deuteronomy 28:1-7 “If you fully obey the LORD your God by keeping all the commands I am giving you today, the LORD your God will exalt you above all the nations of the world. You will experience all these blessings if you obey the LORD your God: You will be blessed in your towns and in the country. You will be blessed with many children and productive fields. You will be blessed with fertile herds and flocks. You will be blessed with baskets overflowing with fruit, and with kneading bowls filled with bread. You will be blessed wherever you go, both in coming and in going “ The LORD will conquer your enemies when they attack you. They will attack you from one direction, but they will scatter from you in seven!
Deuteronomy 28:8-14 “The LORD will bless everything you do and will fill your storehouses with grain… “If you obey the commands of the LORD your God and walk in his ways, the LORD will establish you as his holy people as he solemnly promised to do. Then all the nations of the world will see that you are a people claimed by the LORD, and they will stand in awe of you. “The LORD will give you an abundance of good things in the land he swore to give your ancestors—many children, numerous livestock, and abundant crops. The LORD will send rain at the proper time from his rich treasury in the heavens to bless all the work you do. You will lend to many nations, but you will never need to borrow from them. If you listen to these commands of the LORD your God and carefully obey them, the LORD will make you the head and not the tail, and you will always have the upper hand. You must not turn away from any of the commands I am giving you today to follow after other gods and worship them.
If you find yourself following and desiring/ doing worldly things, you have NOT been set free. Repent and turn back to God. Be determined to be “stay free”.
God will do His part, which is sanctification, cleansing us, but we must do our part which is consecration, that of turning and staying away from that which is not Godly. As the scriptures states:
- John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will indeed be free.
Are you following worldly ways or Godly ways ?
Do you know, you been set free from the sin of this world?
Steps to being, set free.
1st step is to be determined to make Jesus your Lord and Savior.
2nd step is to ask, seek and knock – the door will open.
3rd step is to daily renew your mind. Meditate on His word and keep your thoughts on Godly things…
4th step is to obey God. In ALL that you do, align our life (way of living) on Godly ways that of purity, holiness – ONLY do the things that please God and you will be called a friend of God – blessings and favor are (waiting) for those that obey the Master for this is true freedom.
- Titus 2:14 He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing what is right.
Being SET FREE = TOTALLY committed to doing what is right! Read Galatians chapter 5, more on Christian freedom.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,