As I open today’s thoughts, let me first wish you all, A Very Merry Christmas!
Jesus came to give us new life, a new spirit, soul and body. The born-again renews our mind and heart in Christ Jesus, we receive a new birth. The old-sinful carnal nature passes away and we take on a new nature. Our hope now, is looking forward to our new body, when we step into Eternity.
Let’s look at this new birth. It is simply, receiving Christ Jesus into your heart, into your life. This new birth is given by God, through belief in His Son’s birth, death, burial and resurrection. Our new birth is produced by God’s grace and mercy, through the washing away of our sins, by the blood of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit, received by faith. Yes, His shed blood bought our freedom.
The Holy Spirit…Jesus washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit.
The Word of God…James 1:18 In his goodness he chose to make us his own children by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his choice possession.1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again. Your new life did not come from your earthly parents because the life they gave you will end in death. But this new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.
Faith…1 John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too.
The New Birth – (the born-again experience) is death to the old ways by accepting Jesus. You are saying NO…to the old nature…the carnal nature…putting to death anything and everything that is wrong.
The New Birth…will bring these six results in your life:
1. New creation…2 Corinthians 5:17 What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!
2. Changed life…Romans 6:4-11 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives. Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised as he was. Our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin. And since we died with Christ, we know we will also share his new life. We are sure of this because Christ rose from the dead, and he will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. He died once to defeat sin, and now he lives for the glory of God. So you should consider yourselves dead to sin and able to live for the glory of God through Christ Jesus.
3. Holy Life…1 John 3:9 Those who have been born into God’s family do not sin, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they have been born of God.
4. Righteousness…1 John 2:29 Since we know that God is always right, we also know that all who do what is right are his children.
5. Love…1 John 3:10 So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the Devil. Anyone who does not obey God’s commands and does not love other Christians does not belong to God.
6. Victory…1 John 5:4. ” For every child of God defeats this evil world. and we achieve this victory through our fairh.”
Yes, God gave us Jesus and the Holy Spirit to live in us and we as believers can have a relationship with Him.
God gave and we are to receive!
Christmas Day is a time of celebrating the birth of Jesus and we celebrate by both giving gifts and receiving gifts. In like manner we are to both give our life to God and receive His Son, Jesus as our Lord and Savior.
This time of celebrating, CHRISTMAS DAY is to be all about giving ourself to God all through the year and receiving God’s gift Jesus and the Holy Spirit into our heart, spirit, soul and body.
Yes, His gift to us and our gift to Him all through the year until He returns to take us back with Him unto/into Eternity forever with Him.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,