As I open today’s thought, let me begin by saying, yes, accepting Jesus into our heart, will give us a new heart, a new desire to live the right life. After we believe and receive Jesus, into our heart, it will take our part in consecration to guard and separate ourselves from worldly and carnal ways.
With that said, reading the Bible and praying is not to be a works thing, it must come from the heart, a desire and hunger to understand more of God and build a relationship with Him.
As we open our heart to receive from God, the Holy Spirit will guide and lead us into all truth. When accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior, living for God as a follower of Jesus Christ, a “Christian,” will be something we want to do.
Yes, we receive a new spirit, Christ in us, the righteousness of Christ and a new desire to be like Him. Christ and His righteousness becomes part of who we are as a person and when it is from the heart, there is no work involved, just time and obedience.
ANYTHING WE RECEIVE FROM GOD HAS TO BE BY FAITH AND IN FAITH. God’s grace will prevail. Real, true Faith is, I know that I know and acting on or applying what I know.
We receive this attitude/belief by faith and is placed in our hearts, by God’s Word, from a desire to know Him. We will begin to apply/ live in obedience to the Word of God, directed by the Holy Spirit.
Again let me say, as a believer or follower of Christ, our faith is built upon the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. You can say, faith worketh in the believer through the working power of the Holy Spirit. Reading and hearing God’s Word, builds our relationship with Him and brings assurance during our times of our prayer.
A key to be an overcomer is in our words, being careful in what we say. To overcome situations in life, one must stay focused on Christ, obey and in His kingdom work, keeping the Word of God in the forefront of our heart, speaking only what God says in His Word; for His Spirit will be in you flowing from you.
You might say, it is not I speaking, but Him (God) speaking in me and through me in the power of the Holy Spirit. The key is speaking only God’s Word and not adding your own word.
- John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
- Just as there is life in the words we speak, our words can also bring death as stated in Proverbs 18:14“The human spirit can endure a sick body, but who can bear it if the spirit is crushed?”
Encouraging others in life is truly a very important part of the Christian life style. It will take knowing and speaking the Word of God by faith in and through our situations to live as an overcomer. For by faith in God and His Word we are can see great results.
We are overcomers! You and I as believers, can overcome Satan, by using faith-filled words, which comes by faith within our hearts built on the very Word of God.
Satan has NO AUTHORITY over the believer who by faith, uses the very power of God’s Word to bind and loose, those things permitted and not permitted as stated in:
- both Matthew 16:19 and Matthew 18:18, the Greek text makes the meaning clear: “Whatever thou mayest bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever thou mayest loose upon the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens”
- (Matthew 16:19 Young’s Literal Translation). Or, as the Amplified Bible puts it, “Whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth will have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth will have [already] been loosed in heaven.”
Words of faith brings God on the scene.
Words of fear brings the devil on the scene.
Yes, words are like seeds, they will produce a harvest.
An overcomer will always pray the answer. When we pray the promise, God’s very will, we pray the solution from God’s Word and speak words of life.
Praying the problem will kill faith, causing fear to abound, opening the doorway to the devil. An over comer will believe…
- Mark 9:23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”
If you will believe, you will receive. Believe what? You are to believe the Word of God.
What will I receive? You will receive the promise, yes, the answer you have been asking, partitioning, requesting and praying for.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,