Today’s thoughts bring us to the fruit of the Spirit is peace. It will be produced in the man or woman who is living their life in the Spirit.
The Holy Spirit produces Good Fruit …Galatians 5:22-23 But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
God desires to do good things in and thru us. Fruit and earthly works contrasts.
- Romans 4:4-5 When people work, their wages are not a gift. Workers earn what they receive. But people are declared righteous because of their faith, not because of their work.
- Romans 11:6 And if they are saved by God’s kindness, then it is not by their good works. For in that case, God’s wonderful kindness would not be what it really is-free and undeserved.
The key that unlocks peace in our lives: The Fruit of the Spirit is given to us because of God’s grace but we must accept the Gospel truth and allow the working of the Holy Spirit in our lives; than we will begin to experience Philippians 4:7 (KJV) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Works comes from earthly effort but Fruit grows from within.
Many kinds of Peace…
- International….peace between Nations
- (Israel’s Victory over the Philistines)…1 Sam 7:14
- National…peace throughout the entire land…….1 Kings 4:24
- Domestic…peace in the home/live at peace with each other….1 Cor 7:15
- Individual…trusting in God by faith brings peace…Luke 8:48
- False…people say there is peace all around, (true peace by obedience to God’s ways)…1 Thess 5:3
- Hypocritical…overlooking others when they are in need…faith proves itself by good deeds…James 2:16
- Spiritual…peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us …Rom 5:1
Our source of Peace…
- Peace from God (Phil 4:7),
- Peace from Christ (John 14:27),
- Peace from the Holy Spirit (Gal 5:22)
- Peace with God…Yes…the Holy Spirit wants to bring Peace to your life. Romans 5:1-2 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.
Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of highest privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.
Peace does not come naturally…sin broke the peaceful relationship with God.
This is why the world is in trouble today…for Peace with God has been lost and the world is searching for Peace.
- The worlds trying to find peace in pleasures.
- The worlds trying to find peace in entertainment.
- The worlds trying to find peace in substances (alcohol, drugs).
- The worlds trying to find peace in financial security.
World peace is impossible without Christ…that is, apart from God as stated in Isaiah 57:19-21 Then words of praise will be on their lips. May they have peace, both near and far, for I will heal them all,” says the LORD. “But those who still reject me are like the restless sea. It is never still but continually churns up mire and dirt. There is no peace for the wicked,” says my God.
Peace is not known among the wicked:
- Isaiah 59:8 states, They do not know what true peace is or what it means to be just and good. They continually do wrong, and those who follow them cannot experience a moment’s peace. Christ came to bring peace.
- Matthew 24:6-8 And wars will break out near and far, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must come, but the end won’t follow immediately. The nations and kingdoms will proclaim war against each other, and there will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. But all this will be only the beginning of the horrors to come.
Yes…Christ died that we might have peace with God…
- Romans 5:6-9 When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, no one is likely to die for a good person, though someone might be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s judgment.
Christ is our source of Peace as Ephesians 2:13-17 states, But now you belong to Christ Jesus. Though you once were far away from God, now you have been brought near to him because of the blood of Christ. For Christ himself has made peace between us Jews and you Gentiles by making us all one people. He has broken down the wall of hostility that used to separate us. By his death he ended the whole system of Jewish law that excluded the Gentiles. His purpose was to make peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new person from the two groups. Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death, and our hostility toward each other was put to death. He has brought this Good News of peace to you Gentiles who were far away from him, and to us Jews who were near.
- The Lord reveals peace…Jer 33:6
- The Lord gives peace…Psalm 29:11
- The Lord establishes peace…Isa 26:12
The Peace of God… Some have peace with God but do not feel peaceful… peace is not limited to a position…for true peace should be our daily experience…
Philippians 4:6-7 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
True Peace of God is Peace in all circumstances…
- Peace when things aren’t going well.
- Peace when anxiety would otherwise replace peace.
- Peace when funds are low and debts are high.
- Peace when health is uncertain.
- Peace when storms are raging.
For this kind of Peace one should be in Prayer, Thanksgiving and Faith.
- The Holy Spirit prompts Prayer.
- The Holy Spirit produces Thanksgiving
- The Holy Spirit gives Faith.
This is why we are to live by Faith in the Spirit. Peace with others is part of the life of every believer.
Ephesians 4:1-3 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Always keep yourselves united in the Holy Spirit, and bind yourselves together with peace.
- Believers should live in Peace….2 Cor 13:11.
- Believers should pursue Peace…2 Tim 2:22. There is to be peace among the believers.
- Peace comes thru Christ’s atonement. Isa 53:5
- Peace is the results from reconciliation. Col 1:20
- Peace is the product of justification. Rom 5:1
- Peace is obtained by faith. Isa 26:3
The Holy Spirit breaks down barriers between believers.
The characteristic of revival is the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- As in Acts 1:14, They all met together continually for prayer, along with Mary the mother of Jesus, several other women, and the brothers of Jesus.
- Also as in Acts 2:1, On the day of Pentecost, seven weeks after Jesus’ resurrection, the believers were meeting together in one place.
We as believers must stay in unity with the Holy Spirit as stated in Ephesians 4:1-3 and do not grieve the Holy Spirit. There are three things that grieve the Holy Spirit: Bitterness, Anger and Evil speaking. The Holy Spirit can mend your relationships.
Christ was and is the great Peacemaker (2 Cor 5:18-21) We as Christians – children of God – are to become Peacemakers…(Matt 5:9 and Rom 14:19), for this pleases God.
Today…let’s stop resisting the Holy Spirit…lets be sensitive to His voice.
Allow the Holy Spirit’s Peace to Rule in Your Heart and Control Your Life.
Walking in Christ…brings PEACE
He is The Way, The Truth and The Life!
As always, love in Christ Jesus,