This morning my thoughts are on a risen Savior who is alive in every believer and desires to bring about a life of spiritual blessings in our mind, spirit, body and soul. Let’s start out this morning by being thankful to God.
GIVE THANKS. God’s blessings are all around us…in our everyday life.
- Psalms 116:17 I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the LORD.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
There is no end to the list of things both material and spiritual that God has provided for each of us. We are thankful for: Life…God…family…food…home…clothes…job…etc. Be thankful.
How thankful I am for His love, mercy and grace. As a believer of the risen Savior, I know who I am and who He is, in my body, mind, soul and spirit.
Friend, you too can have this belessed assurance, for in Him we are to live, move and have our being.
Do you know Him?
Won’t you open your heart to Him, today?
It is as simple as A, B, C…
A.dmit you are a sinner.
B.elieve that Jesus died on the cross for you, shed His blood for your sins and was resurrected and now is alive for you.
C.onfess your sin to Him and accept Him as your Lord and Savior, today. Being committed is turning from your sin, not to return to it.
You are saved by God’s grace, faith in a risen Lord and Savior. Yes, His blood washes away our sins.
If you have made this commitment you can be assured God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit is alive in you and has taken up residence in you. He cares about you and so do I. Please leave me a note and I will be glad to keep you in my prayers.
How exciting to know, a risen Savior, who is always battling for us. Yes, as we look to Him. we can be assured, He has us covered and as I like to say, He has my back!
Remember, spiritual training is always conducted one step or one phase at a time…ask and expect the Holy Spirit to help you in your training and you will soon realize the power of God, the Holy Spirit, working in and through you.
Listed below, you might say, are the weapons we are to select for battle against Satan. Satan will try to weave his way into your life. We as believers do have authority over Satan.
Always keep in mind, the battle is the Lords. This fight against Satan has already been won in Christ Jesus but it will take doing our part in keeping Satan out of our life.
Here are a few ways to keep your mind, body soul and spirit in tune with God.
- Praise and Worship: 2 Samuel 22:4; Psalm 107:8; Psalm 50:23; Psalm 150:6
- Prayer: Hebrews 4:16; Proverbs 15:8; James 5:16; Psalm 55:17; 1 Thessalonians 5:17…Indeed “nothing happens until we pray”.
- The Word of God: “the Sword of the Spirit” The Bible is filled with God’s promises to fight for us and with us…Ephesians 6:17; Isaiah 41:10, 13.
- The Name of Jesus: Jesus has given all believers in Him the very authority to use His name in defeating the works of Satan and his demons…The very key is Christ in us…John 14:13-14; Acts 3:6
- The Blood of the Lamb: There is power in the blood of the Lamb; the very power of Jesus Christ who shed His blood for the sins of the world. We are to be grateful and thankful for Christ Jesus and His blood that was shed for us.
Yes, as a believer, we are grateful for the shed blood in our lives and thankful for what the shed blood means in and over situations in our lives bringing about victory over Satan.
We are overcomers as stated in Revelation 12:11 (KJV) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
As stated above in Revelation 12:11. These weapons of spiritual warfare has been given to all believers who has died out of self to Christ and has allowed the Holy Spirit to guide, lead and empower them, over Satan for the glory of God and our victory!
As always, love in Christ Jesus,