There are many great promises in the Bible for us to take hold of. This morning, let’s look at a few more of these promises.
- We have been promised that God will guide you on His pathway. Isaiah 30:21, KJV. “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.”
- We have been promised peace. Isaiah 26:3, NKJV. “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”
- We have been promised no need to worry. It’s in the Bible, Philippians 4:6, KJV. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
- The Bible promises peace as we live according to its principles. Psalms 119:165, “Great peace have those who love your law, And nothing causes them to stumble.”
- We have been promised victory over temptations. 1 Corinthians 10:13, NKJV. “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.”
- We have been promised the devil will flee if we submit and draw near to God. We as believers must resist the devil and He will flee as stated in James 4:7-10, NKJV. “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.”
- We have been promised that Jesus will help us through our temptations. Hebrews 2:18, NKJV. “For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.”
- We have been promised protection from harm and danger. Psalm 91:4-6, NKJV. “He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.”
- We have been promised safety. It’s in the Bible, Proverbs 18:10, NKJV. “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.”
- We have been promised that God walks with us in our troubles. Psalm 138:7, NKJV. “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; you will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.”
- We have been promised deliverance from fear. Psalm 34:4, NKJV. “I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
- We are promised that we don’t need to be afraid or fearful. John 14:27, NKJV. “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
- We are promised that fear is removed through Godly love. 1 John 4:18, NKJV. “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us.”
- We have been promised in the Bible that the dead will live again. John 5:28-29, NKJV. “Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.”
- Jesus has promised that He will come again. “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”John 14:2-3, NKJV.
- We have been promised that the dead will be raised again. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18, NKJV. “For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.”
- We have been promised an end to death, sorrow, and pain. Revelation 21:4, NKJV. “And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
DO YOU BELIEVE God’s Promises? There are many more promises throughout the scriptures. They are for you, your children and to whom ever will believe and meet the conditions…let’s begin to believe and receive the promises, needed for TODAY.
It will take both meeting the condition and FAITH in God, Faith in the PROMISES of GOD.
STANDING on the promise means believing what God has said and waiting for the answer… they are waiting for you to receive.
Find the promise that you need for today and by faith, stand, and see the mighty works of God!
As Always, love in Christ Jesus,