In today’s thoughts, we are to be aware of some things that will become hindrances in answered prayer. How can we avoid those hindrances so we will experience the joy of answered prayer.
- Doubt and Unbelief: Doubt and unbelief keeps man in a state of separation from God. Doubt comes from lack of knowledge of God’s Word. Our minds must stay renewed and God has given us a way to renew our minds and that is through His Word. Yes, when man determines that it is God’s will on a thing, according to God’s Word (the Bible) and prays according to God’s Word, he can be sure God will move, show up, thus expelling the force of doubt. God’s Word MUST be the final authority in the matter. Yes, expect things to change when you pray, for God’s Word cannot and will not fail!
- Lack of Knowledge of our right-standing with God: It is what God has actually done in and through Christ Jesus at Calvary which makes one in right-standing with God. 2 Corinthians 5:21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. Here we see that Jesus literally became our sin so we could become the righteousness of God. Righteousness is right-standing. When you are in right-standing with God there is a confidence you experience, without a sense of guilt, sin, or condemnation. Yes, knowing that you will receive when you ask in faith believing. “All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” but when a person receives Jesus as Lord, he is placed in right-standing with God. He is made the righteousness of God by grace through faith.
According to 2 Corinthians 5:17,what this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!…(vs20) …“Be reconciled to God!”. (vs 21) For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
- You may think you are the worst sinner the world has ever seen…but through the new-birth Jesus has made us the righteousness of God through Calvary and there is NO SIN that Satan could dream up big enough to change that! Again let me say, as born-again believers, we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ. Yes, God’s was and is merciful…by His grace I am set free. When we take advantage of our right-standing relationship with God…then we will see the results we desire in prayer. As long you pray believing, you will not be defeated.
3. Unawareness of our right to use the name of Jesus: John 16:23 At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. The truth is, you can go directly to the Father and ask him, and he will grant your request because you use my name.
- (authority to use His name to go to the Father, God) As a believer, when you go before the Father in Jesus’ name, you are standing before God as His child. Asking according to the promises of His Word, in faith believing, through the power of the Holy Spirit, that the Father may be glorified through His Son, Jesus. Yes, your prayer will be answered as a result.
Once you see that you are born of God as stated in 1 John 5:1a, “Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God”….you have the right to use the family name and you will see God’s power operating in your behalf.
4. Unforgiveness and strife: Mark 11:25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”
- Prayer will not work without forgiveness. Staying in harmony makes the prayer system work. An attitude of forgiveness begins at home as stated in 1 Peter 3:7 In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat her with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. If you don’t treat her as you should, your prayers will not be heard. Also see these scriptures; John 14:23, 1 John 4:20.
- In regards to strife, James 3:16 states, for wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and every kind of evil. Love must be present at all times (harmony in spirit, soul and body). God’s Word states in Philippians 4:19, And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Let both your words and your actions agree! ACTING on the Word that God has spoken brings results! Take time out of your busy day…daily, to fellowship with God!
Remember, God and His Word are one…You fellowship with Him through His Word, then He responds to you through the Holy Spirit.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,