This morning as we are thankful for the past and present answered prayer in our life, faith builds and grows with a greater sense of assurance in our Maker, as our Savior, as our Helper and as our Provider. As we realize how much God has truly blessed us, we have greater faith to receive more from His hands. Yes, God is “the” waymaker”.
God answers prayer out of the gratefulness of our heart. As we go to God expecting answers to our prayers we also can go to Him with thankfulness time after time, again and again, a never ending God of blessings and favor.
King David knew this truth who became a strong man of prayer and thanksgiving. Throughout the Psalms, David expresses thankfulness and praise such as the following:
- Psalms 5:11 (NLT) But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy.
- Psalms 9:1 – 2 (NLT) I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.
- Psalms 13:6 (NLT) I will sing to the LORD because he is good to me.
- Psalms 18:3 (NLT) I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies.
- Psalms 18:49 (NLT) For this, O LORD, I will praise you among the nations; I will sing praises to your name.
- Psalms 22:22 (NLT) I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters.I will praise you among your assembled people.
- Psalms 29:2 (NLT) Honor the LORD for the glory of his name. Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.
- Psalms 32:11 (NLT) So rejoice in the LORD and be glad, all you who obey him! Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure!
- Psalms 33:1 (NLT) Let the godly sing for joy to the LORD; it is fitting for the pure to praise him.
- Psalms 34:1 (NLT) I will praise the LORD at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.
- Psalms 50:23 (NLT) But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.
As David praised God, He reached out for more, his faith grew. As we learn to praise God in all situations and in all circumstances, our life will become a life fulfilled in the promises of God and God’s very will, will opened to the believer. A life of joy in His presence, here on Earth!
Thankful prayer is rooted in faith. Thankful prayer keeps us from anxiety. Yes, we can be thankful with a thankful heart for what God has already done, and for what He is about to do in response to our requests as His children. The key is to be thankful in both the good and the bad knowing God will turn something good out of the bad.
Let’s begin to count our blessings instead of listing our problems.
- Become God-centered instead of problem-centered.
- Begin to experience joy instead of depression.
As we use praise and thanksgiving in our prayer life, things begin to change in life.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,