This morning let’s continue with the theme of children of God. At physical birth, our first birth, we became heirs of our parents.
We became heirs of God at our second birth.
- John 1:12 -13 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn! This is not a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan—this rebirth comes from God.
- John 3:5 Jesus replied, “The truth is, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.”
As children of God we are joint heirs with Christ!
Do you realize the potential that is waiting for every believer, who would accept their inheritance by faith and start walking in the promises that is theirs? We now can come boldly before God with our requests and receive His promises.
- Colossians 1:15-22… Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation. Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see—kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him. He existed before everything else began, and he holds all creation together. Christ is the head of the church, which is his body. He is the first of all who will rise from the dead, so he is first in everything. For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ, and by him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of his blood on the cross. This includes you who were once so far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions, yet now he has brought you back as his friends. He has done this through his death on the cross in his own human body. As a result, he has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.
Here in verse 15, Paul describes Jesus as “the visible image (likeness) of the invisible God.” Yes, Jesus possesses the very character and nature of God.
- The Firstborn over all creation…v15…Jesus holds the top spot in the entire universe.
- The Creator of all things…v16…architect and builder of everything…that includes earthly seats of power and those who occupy them.
- Predecessor …v17…He existed before everything else began.
- The Sustainer …v17…Jesus is the very “glue” that holds the universe together.
- Head of the church…v18…He is supreme in both the physical and spiritual world; directing and uniting both the universe and the church.
- The Firstborn from among the dead…v18…Jesus’ resurrection gave Him ultimate authority over sin and death, because He lives today, guarantees the resurrection of all believers and eternal life.
- The Redeemer…v19-22…As a divine Savior…He alone can remove all barriers between God and humanity, by paying the price on the cross for our sins, we can now stand blameless before God, completely free of accusations.
Are you living like an heir of the King? Remember, who you are and whose you are…Christ in us…joint heirs with Christ.
Rejoice…We are SON’S AND DAUGHTER’S OF THE Most High KING!
As always, love in Christ Jesus,