This morning my thoughts go to my personal Savior, my Lord and my Master. His desire is to be your Lord, your Savior and your Master. We serve our Lord because He gave His life and shed His blood for the remission (forgiveness) of my sins and yes, yours if you accept Him as your Lord and Savior. Salvation is a free gift from God.
God knows the heart of every man, woman and child and when we mean business, accept Jesus into our heart, repent and turn from our own wicked ways, you might say, He will move in.
I made room in my heart for a loving Savior and made Jesus my Lord and Master of my body, soul and Spirit at age 10, 55 years ago, and I have never regreated it. Jesus promised never to leave or forsake me! What a promise!
He has been there whenever I needed Him and whenever I called upon Him. It’s a good feeling know God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit is with me. An eternity with my creator!
Here are a few reasons why I made Jesus my Savior, my Lord and yes, my Master.
Matthew 14:13-21 is the story of feeding the multitude in the wilderness. In the same chapter, Jesus walks on the sea, conquered the storm…
He was Master of every law of nature.
John 11 gives us a picture of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead for he had been in the grave for four days. Jesus proved that He was the Master of the adversary who had the authority of death.
No man ever spoke like He did. No man ever taught like He taught.
Sentences like these; “All things are possible to him that believeth.”
“The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life.”
“I am come that ye might have life and have it abundantly.”
It wasn’t what Jesus did on earth that made the BIGGEST difference. It was at the cross, through the cross and after the cross that made the difference for the world, today.
The combination of His death, burial and resurrection gave us this born again experience, available to all who will believe by faith and receive. Through God’s love and the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus, we now have forgiveness of sin and eternal life.
Once again, mankind can have a relationship with God, with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, living in the believer. Jesus’ blood has washed away all our sin if we receive God’s plan of Salvation.
Yes, Jesus defeated Satan, in every area of His life. With Christ in the believer and God’s gift of the Holy Spirit sent to the born again believer whom will receive. The Holy Spirit will bring boldness, guidance, teaching and leading all believers into the truth.
The New Creation, includes both the born again experience and the infilling of the Holy Spirit for every believer. God has sent His power through the manifestations of the Holy Spirit which became available to all believers after Calvery.
Jesus said to the believers when He left, to wait for the Holy Spirit who will come and fill us with power from on high. A power to become His witness and a living testamony of the living Jesus.
- The earth walk of Jesus didn’t save anybody but it did show who He was and supported the stories of old of the coming Messiah, the Savior of the world.
- Neither does a dead Christ hanging on the cross save anybody. No one would have ever been saved thru Him if He had not gone any further than the cross.
- There is no New Birth, no New Creation, in the dead Christ. This was the place (in human eyes) where Satan had apparently won a victory over the Man who ruled him. Even Jesus’ closest followers, the disciples, only understood what the physical senses registered as they gathered around the cross.
The cross was the place where the two covenants met – the old and the new. This was the place where the sin problem was fixed – Deity becoming sin for humanity.
We are all saved by the grace of God and strictly through faith in the God’s salvation plan through the cross; which simply put, the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
His blood was shed for our sins so we may have a relationship with God. Salvation is God’s free gift to all mankind who will believe and receive.
- Hebrews 1:3 The Son reflects God’s own glory, and everything about him represents God exactly. He sustains the universe by the mighty power of his command. After he died to cleanse us from the stain of sin, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God of heaven.
- Hebrews 2:14 Because God’s children are human beings-made of flesh and blood-Jesus also became flesh and blood by being born in human form. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the Devil, who had the power of death. Jesus is talking of the adversary whom He had conquered so many times. In every contact with the adversary, Jesus conquered him.
Yes, Jesus had complete victory over Satan in His earthly walk. So can every born again spirit filled believer. You may ask. How? By believing what Jesus did on Calvary.
HE PAID THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE. He shed His blood and died for our sins, and resurrected so that we may have life and life more abundantly (eternal life).
As always, love in Christ Jesus,