This morning let me make this statement; flirting and indulging in worldly things can become enticing and be tempting if you partake in worldly affairs.
In other words, as followers of Christ, Christians, we are to live a life of holiness and purity unto our Heavenly Father, God.
Again, the Word of God has made it very clear…stay away from and DON’T become associated with worldly endeavors; deeds, activities, accomplishments or actions.
We are in this world but are not to be partakers of the world, that of ungodly, immoral activities.
- James 4:4 – 10 (NLT) You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God. What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy? But he gives us even more grace to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say, “God opposes the proud but favors the humble.” So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.
We are to love God and the things that are Godly and Heavenly. When we please God we are guaranteed Eternal Life…a life with Him FOREVER!
- 1 John 2:15 – 17 (NLT) Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
Are you tempted to be bitter? Temptation can come in the form of bitterness.
Again, the scriptures make it very clear, NOT TO be bitter towards anyone. Simply put, forgive and go on.
- Hebrews 12:14 – 15 (NLT) Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord. Look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many.
Are you tempted to neglect public worship? It is important to Worship together…it encourages and uplifts other believers.
- Acts 2:42 – 47 (NLT) All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer. A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity—all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved.
- Hebrews 10:19 – 25 (NLT) And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God’s house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water. Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
When we allow the scriptures to become part of us we will become the person God created us for. We will be a living testimony of who Jesus was and is today.
When our mind and hearts are kept focused on God’s Word and what Christ did for us by His death and resurrection; we CAN be assured that we WILL BE victorious over ALL TEMPTATIONS.
Let’s pray: Father God, Thank you for your Holy Spirit living inside of me…and His guidance in my life. My desire is to be like Jesus and follow His example…victorious over EVERY temptation! Thank you for your Word and your Spirit which guides and corrects me. AMEN.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,