This morning my thoughts go to what is said in speaking God’s Word. In today’s thoughts, let’s look at God’s Word, verses our word. I will bring many scriptures from the Bible into this writing showing the utmost importance of speaking and believing God’s Word.
Our words are important! When our word is His Word, it brings forth positive results. Proverbs 18:20-21 Words satisfy the soul as food satisfies the stomach; the right words on a person’s lips bring satisfaction. Those who love to talk will experience the consequences, for the tongue can kill or nourish life. Proverbs 20:19 A gossip tells secrets, so don’t hang around with someone who talks too much.
Control the tongue.
- James 3:2-8 We all make many mistakes, but those who control their tongues can also control themselves in every other way. We can make a large horse turn around and go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. And a tiny rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot wants it to go, even though the winds are strong. So also, the tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do. A tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is full of wickedness that can ruin your whole life. It can turn the entire course of your life into a blazing flame of destruction, for it is set on fire by hell itself. People can tame all kinds of animals and birds and reptiles and fish, but no one can tame the tongue. It is an uncontrollable evil, full of deadly poison.
Speak kind words…words of encouragement…words of truth.
- Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger.
- Proverbs 15:4 Gentle words bring life and health; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.
- Ephesians 4:29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
- Proverbs 16:24 Kind words are like honey-sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
- Proverbs 18:4-8 A person’s words can be life-giving water; words of true wisdom are as refreshing as a bubbling brook. It is wrong for a judge to favor the guilty or condemn the innocent. Fools get into constant quarrels; they are asking for a beating. The mouths of fools are their ruin; their lips get them into trouble. What dainty morsels rumors are-but they sink deep into one’s heart.
- Proverbs 11:9 Evil words destroy one’s friends; wise discernment rescues the godly.
- Psalm 15:1-3 Who may worship in your sanctuary, LORD? Who may enter your presence on your holy hill? Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right, speaking the truth from sincere hearts. Those who refuse to slander others or harm their neighbors or speak evil of their friends.
Here are some facts about the Word.
- The Word is always NOW.
- It has been, it is, and it will be, the voice of God.
- It is never old.
- It is always fresh and new.
- To the heart that is in fellowship with the Father, the Word is present-tense, living voice from heaven.
- The Word is like its author: Eternal, Unchanging, Living.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,