Let me begin this mornings thought by making this statement: Morally speaking, a mature person will have the love of Jesus flowing through his life; sharing and caring about people, having love and compassion for his fellow man not following after the things of this world.
- Matthew 19:21 Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
Jesus went beyond the basic principles of Christian living, that is to say, He followed the very will of the Father, speaking the truth (the Word), healing the sick and feeding (caring for) the hungry.
God has a plan for every believer… that is to demonstrate… to show the love and compassion of Christ Jesus to every person. Christ in us, Jesus flowing through us.
- Colossians 4:12: Epaphras, from your city, a servant of Christ Jesus, sends you his greetings. He always prays earnestly for you, asking God to make you strong and perfect, fully confident of the whole will of God.
It’s time we as the body of Christ follow the direction of the Holy Spirit in everything we do; both spiritually and physically.
Let’s began to ask God what He would have us do as Christians, who to share the Gospel to…for the Holy Spirit is waiting to guide us and lead us to the very one who needs Christ. Our time is short here on earth and NOW is the time to reach the lost.
James 4:13 Look here, you people who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” How do you know what will happen tomorrow? For your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone.
We as spirit filled believers must put off the old, carnal ways and keep our minds and thoughts on Christ.
- Matthew 5:28 But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust in his eye has already committed adultery with her in his heart…our minds must be set on Godly ways…
…speaking only what the Word says…
- James 1:17 Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who created all heaven’s lights. Unlike them, he never changes or casts shifting shadows.
We as spirit filled believers must begin to fulfill the purpose of Christ in us the hope of glory. If the Holy Spirit is residing in us than our character will be His character, that is; as stated in:
- Galatians 5:22-26 But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or irritate one another, or be jealous of one another.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,