This morning my thoughts continue on the importance of the Holy Spirit working in our lives. The working of the Holy Spirit, you might say, cleans up the inner man, spiritually, giving the believer a new nature; making us holy, a new creature in Christ.
But we are responsible to consecrate (or set apart), our thoughts, mind and body under the subjection of the Holy Spirit in all purity, holiness and right living. The Holy Spirit will help us, in making the right decisions as we place our trust in our Lord and Savior.
Our old carnal nature will always be warring against our new nature in Christ Jesus. Walking in the Spirit and living in Christ is not a struggle for the genuine believer. It will become our lifestyle and a joy, when we love God. When we love God and allow His Holy Spirit to work in us, we will want to be obedient in all His ways. Obedience can and will become part of the believer’s lifestyle.
It is when we allow or give place to the cares of life and allow the old nature to take up room in our mind, thoughts and body is when we begin to feel the struggle of being a christian. We CANNOT give satan any room in our thoughts, mind or spirit; for this is truly where satan will began to take root in our body.
To be filled with the Spirit is simply to yield, surrender all of self to God, expecting all from Him…yes, an infilling of the very presence of God, into a hungry soul. There is a language unknown to you but speaks from the intimacy of your soul.
- Praying in the Spirit is another very important component of prayer.
- Praying in the Spirit is praying; with Holy boldness, energy, and zeal in speaking and acting.
- Praying in the Spirit comes from deep within; it tears down strongholds, consoles, illuminates and empowers the believer.
- Praying in the Spirit consists of supplication (asking); allowing the Holy Spirit to teach us.
One of my favorite scriptures on this subject of prayer is found in Ephesians the sixth chapter.
- Ephesians 6:18 (NLT) Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
It is for all people…to all believers…to whom would believe as stated in:
- Acts 10:44-45. Yes…a necessity to live a victorious life after one becomes a believer until our Lords return.
Paul makes it very clear that the ministry of the Holy Spirit serves as an assurance of our complete redemption as stated here in:
- Ephesians 1:13-14- In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard, the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
This is that. He will convict us, teach us, comfort us, keep us, guide us into all truth. There must be an infilling of the Holy Spirit to be able to sucessfully live as an overcomer in this life.
Getting to know God is as simple as A, B, C. [A]… We all have sinned. A.dmit you are sinner. Admit your sin…[B]… B.elieve in Jesus Christ as the sinless Son of God. B.elieve and trust in Jesus as your Lord and Savior. [C]…be C.ommitted. You have to make a commitment to Him by faith…for the rest of your life, be committed to living your life for Christ and in Christ Jesus.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,