My thoughts this morning goes to that of keeping our mind, spirit and body away from things that are not pure and holy. Our body is God’s temple, His dwelling place. This is a TOPIC of the greatest importance for TODAY!
This comparison came to me as I was studying God’s Word on the Temple and at the same time reading on the effects of termites on the structure of a building. Through experience I have seen the destruction caused by termites.
I began to think on the devastation termites can cause on ones’ building (house) and that of the effects of sin in one’s life. As the thoughts of this letter was penned I could not put down my pen until this letter was written.
Is Your Temple In Need Of A Termite Inspection? I would have to say this letter has been one of the most heartfelt letter on sin that I have ever written. May you be blessed while reading as much as I was while writing this letter.
Let me begin this letter by saying that termite inspections are done visually. Inspectors look for signs of termites such as trails (or mud tunnels) and powdered wood residue. They inspect the walls, crawl spaces along baseboards, around pipes and basement foundations. Just as you would look for visual signs of termites a person should examine his own body, (his temple) for signs of “SIN”.
- Deuteronomy 23:14 The camp must be holy, for the LORD your God moves around in your camp to protect you and to defeat your enemies. He must not see any shameful thing among you, or he might turn away from you.
Following are six ways you can allow sin to enter YOUR temple.
Do you? Do you allow:
- your mind to think on things you should NOT think?
- your eyes to see what you should NOT see?
- your ears to hear what you should NOT hear?
- your mouth to speak what you should NOT speak?
- your hands to touch what you should NOT touch?
- your feet to go where you should NOT go?
If you answer yes…to any of these questions…there is “SIN” in your inward man.
Just as a termite can cause massive destruction to a building, so can “SIN”. The outer shell of a building may appear strong but the inner foundation infested with termites will eventually bring devastation to the structure causing the building to crumble.
When “SIN” is allowed to hide in the inner man it will bring destruction to the body, soul and spirit; the very foundation of the temple of God.
Termites live in darkness fed by wood and moisture. They use soil to make tunnels to hide themselves so as not to be revealed; likewise a “SIN” that is hidden, fed by ungodly thoughts, desires, lies and deceiving actions will bring destruction to the foundation of the Temple. Termites are always at work…they work 24-7. Their destruction is overwhelming.
Satan is continually at work. His destruction is devastating. Just as termites’ can be costly…so is “SIN”.
- Job 1:7 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan the Accuser came with them. “Where have you come from?” the LORD asked Satan. And Satan answered the LORD, “I have been going back and forth across the earth, watching everything that’s going on.”
- Jeremiah 6:19 Listen, all the earth! I will bring disaster upon my people. It is the fruit of their own sin because they refuse to listen to me. They have rejected all my instructions.
- Jeremiah 8:6 –12 I listen to their conversations, and what do I hear? Is anyone sorry for sin? Does anyone say, “ What a terrible thing I have done”? No! All are running down the path of sin as swiftly as a horse rushing into battle! “When you tell the people all these things, they will ask, ‘Why has the LORD decreed such terrible things against us? What have we done to deserve such treatment? What is our sin against the LORD our God?’ Tell them that this is the LORD’S reply: It is because your ancestors were unfaithful to me. They worshiped other gods and served them. They abandoned me. They did not keep my law. And you are even worse than your ancestors! You stubbornly follow your own evil desires and refuse to listen to me.
There are consequences of not dealing with a SIN. SIN will weaken the walls and structure of “the temple” causing decay to the body, soul and spirit, bringing suffering and death. One termite undetected can lead to a 60,000-member colony. One SIN (not confessed) can lead to a multitude of SINS. Just as termites multiply going from one building to another destroying what is in their path, so does “SIN” if allowed to remain…multiplying from one vessel to another.
BEWARE…of false prophets, false prophecies and false teachers…
- Jeremiah 23:32 “Their imaginary dreams are flagrant lies that lead my people into sin. I did not send or appoint them, and they have no message at all for my people,” says the LORD. We as believers must not allow ourselves to be part of sin.
- Ezekiel 33:12 “Son of man, give your people this message: The good works of righteous people will not save them if they turn to sin, nor will the sins of evil people destroy them if they repent and turn from their sins.
We His children are to be like God…pure and holy.
• SIN …will rob believers of their blessings… Jeremiah 5:25 Your wickedness has deprived you of these wonderful blessings. Your sin has robbed you of all these good things.
• SIN …will cause you to be a slave of SIN…John 8:34-38 Jesus replied,
“I assure you that everyone who sins is a slave of sin. A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will indeed be free. Yes, I realize that you are descendants of Abraham. And yet some of you are trying to kill me because my message does not find a place in your hearts. I am telling you what I saw when I was with my Father. But you are following the advice of your father.”
• SIN …will hold you captive… Acts 8:22-23 “Turn from your wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts, for I can see that you are full of bitterness and held captive by sin.”
• SIN …will not go unpunished. Yes, every secret brought to light… Romans 2:12-16 God will punish the Gentiles when they sin, even though they never had God’s written law. And he will punish the Jews when they sin, for they do have the law. For it is not merely knowing the law that brings God’s approval. Those who obey the law will be declared right in God’s sight. Even when Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, instinctively follow what the law says, they show that in their hearts they know right from wrong. They demonstrate that God’s law is written within them, for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right. The day will surely come when God, by Jesus Christ, will judge everyone’s secret life. This is my message. Proverbs 28:13 People who cover over their sins will not prosper. But if they confess and forsake them, they will receive mercy.
• SIN …does not have to remain…thru repentance, turning away from SIN, there is forgiveness.
SIN vanishes…Romans 5:18-21 Yes, Adam’s one sin brought condemnation upon everyone, but Christ’s one act of righteousness makes all people right in God’s sight and gives them life. Because one person disobeyed God, many people became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many people will be made right in God’s sight. God’s law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God’s wonderful kindness became more abundant. So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God’s wonderful kindness rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
• SIN …was defeated…It is no longer your master…Romans 6:10-14 He died once to defeat sin, and now he lives for the glory of God. So you should consider yourselves dead to sin and able to live for the glory of God through Christ Jesus. Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to its lustful desires. Do not let any part of your body become a tool of wickedness, to be used for sinning. Instead, give yourselves completely to God since you have been given new life. And use your whole body as a tool to do what is right for the glory of God. Sin is no longer your master, for you are no longer subject to the law, which enslaves you to sin. Instead, you are free by God’s grace.
• SIN …leads to death. What you choose to obey becomes your master…Romans 6:16-20 Don’t you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive his approval. Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you have obeyed with all your heart the new teaching God has given you. Now you are free from sin, your old master, and you have become slaves to your new master, righteousness. I speak this way, using the illustration of slaves and masters, because it is easy to understand. Before, you let yourselves be slaves of impurity and lawlessness. Now you must choose to be slaves of righteousness so that you will become holy. In those days, when you were slaves of sin, you weren’t concerned with doing what was right.
- The “Secret” to living a life of “NO SIN”…choose to live “in Christ” and “SIN NOT”… John 3:5-6 And you know that Jesus came to take away our sins, for there is no sin in him. So if we continue to live in him, we won’t sin either. But those who keep on sinning have never known him or understood who he is. 1 John 3:9 Those who have been born into God’s family do not sin, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they have been born of God.
The first step in treating a termite infestation is to eliminate any known termites. Replace and repair any areas where they were and begin a treatment process. Likewise to keep “SIN” out of a person’s life there must be a preventative treatment.
The second step to getting rid of “SIN” in ones body is to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. By asking Him to come into your body, soul and spirit makes you a new creation, “washing you whiter than snow” – Repenting and turning from all the old ways will begin a new life without SIN. Being filled with God’s Spirit is the only true preventative treatment to keep “SIN” out of ones life.
Allow the Holy Spirit to infill you with all he has for you. Continue to be lead by the Holy Spirit through daily reading, studying and hearing the Word (the Bible); praying, seeking God for Wisdom, applying what He speaks to you in your every day walk…Yes, the Holy Spirit having full control in your mind, body and soul.
Do you need want to make Jesus Lord and Savior of your soul? or maybe, you need to repent or ask for forgiveness…there is NO better time than right NOW…
TODAY, “if” you prayed this prayer from your heart, you NOW have: the freedom and the assurance that you are without SIN. Knowing God’s very presence…lives in you! Yes, You are His dwelling place: YES;
- a Temple of praise
- a Temple of worship
- a Temple of great joy a Temple for His use
- a Temple for His purpose
- a Temple of miracles
- made in His very likeness
- a Temple of GLORY!
Jude 1:24 And now, all glory to God, who is able to keep you from stumbling, and who will bring you into his glorious presence innocent of sin and with great joy.
Getting to know God is as simple as A, B, C. [A]… We all have sinned. A.dmit you are sinner. Admit your sin…
[B]… B.elieve in Jesus Christ as the sinless Son of God. Believe and trust in Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
[C]…be C.ommitted. You have to make a commitment to Him by faith…for the rest of your life, be committed to living your life for Christ and in Christ Jesus.
As always, love in Christ Jesus,