Today’s thought is the fruit of faithfulness. Faithfulness and faith worketh together. Those who are faithful, you can say, are also showing faith in whom they are faithful. It will take faith to live faithfully. Faith in God and the finished work of the Gospel. Faithfulness takes faith …yes, faith in action. Faith is defined as trust. (An active sense of believing) “Complete confidence in a person.” ANYTHING received from the Lord is by FAITH…Faith is absolutely necessary in order to receive anything from God. Faith is both believing and trusting.
- Mark 5:34, And he said to her, Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. You have been healed (KJV).
- Matthew 9:29, Then he touched their eyes and said, “Because of your faith, it will happen (KJV).
- Matthew 8:13, And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, [so] be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour (KJV).
- ALL PROMISES from God are conditioned upon Faith. James 1:6-7, But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord (KJV).
- Faith is the very nature of God. John 6:29
- Faith is a fruit of the Spirit as well as a gift. Ephesians 2:8
- Faith comes from the Heart. Romans 10:9-10
- Faith is evidence of things we cannot see…it brings forth that which we cannot see, and takes away that that is there, and substitutes it. Hebrews 11:1
- Faith is made from God’s Word. Everything that is ever made is made from the Word. When we come to the truth of what the Word means, we shall be able not only to build but to know, not only to know but to have.
Faith is obtained from:
Scriptures… John 20:30-31
Preaching… John 17:20
The Good News…Acts 15:7
Hearing the Word…Romans 10:17
God’s promises…Romans 4:21
FAITH, the God kind of faith must work under the will of God…that is to say…we must have no will of our own.
Kinds of Faith:
Human Faith or Dead Faith…Head Faith…James 2:17-20
Saving Faith…Heart Faith…this is putting head Faith into action Ephesians 2:8… Romans 10:9-10
The Gift Faith…is a gift, a supernatural endowment of faith for a special purpose… Hebrews 11:32,33. One of the Nine Gifts of the Holy Spirit, Special Faith.
Temporary Faith…Luke 8:13, Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing, they fall away (NIV).
You must pay the price to have FAITH…The price is that of obedience, godliness, holiness, following in the footsteps of Jesus, a life of no condemnation, walking in the Scriptures.